2461Re: [anthroposophy] tiny question

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Dec 17, 2001
      lilolemiss@... writes:
      << Carol, I looked in my 1970 edition of POF, and have what identical to what
      you have: Preface to the revised edition of 1918; and
      Preface to the first edition, 1894, revised 1918 where RS mentions "Only the
      very first introductory sentences of this preface [in the
      fist edition] have been altogether omitted here because today they seem to me
      quite irrelevant."... Hmmmm maybe someone has a
      very old edition and could help us out.
      Blessings,
      Sheila >>

      *******Not likely----since I believe what you're both referring to was some
      slight changes he made to the book, in the original German, when it was
      reprinted in 1918. I don't think too many people here will have the 1894 and
      1918 German texts to compare.

      You know, the Philosophy of Spiritual Activity is 14 sections and it's an
      anthroposophic exercise to take it over 14 days... and it's also an
      anthroposophic tradition to take a book to study intensively over the 12 Holy
      Nights....

      Starman
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic