2000Re: [anthroposophy] Soldiers & Pacifists

  • elaine upton
    Oct 1, 2001

       My dear Richard,

      Thank you for your post. I agree with you about one thing (and when I say "I agree", I mean that I seek to practice this in my life, more than just state an opinion, of which we have much flying around lately in this country): I seek to practice not telling others what to do--not telling the soldier, not telling the pacifist, in this case, what to do. So, I am in sync with your post on that.

      However, I am not in sync when you say that in this time both the soldier and the pacifist or needed. All I can say is that I don't know if the soldier is needed. Apparently, some are "choosing" (or choosing, without quotes?) to be soldiers, and I must accept this. I also must respect my brothers and sisters, be they soldiers or pacifists. That I seek to do, and thus will not tell another what to do. Still, I cannot say that soldiers are needed. I don't think I have that large a view of the universe to know what is needed. I can only follow the light I see and pray that others may feel free to do the same if they choose.

      In Love--Shalom, Assalaam Aliechum,