1849Self/Christ-Re: [anthroposophy] Calendar of the Soul, Week 20

  • elaine upton
    Aug 29, 2001

      Hello Rick and all of this thread,

      Thanks for your comment on this Calendar of the Soul Week (COS). What you say follows a theme that is with me lately, that is of how the Christ does not enter the solitary I, but the I-in-relation, or as St. Paul says, the "not I", but Christ-in-me. This is the theme running through a wonderful short piece by Arthur Zajonc, President of the Anthroposophic Society in America, in the current issue of News for Members of the Anthroposophic Society in America.

      A couple of weeks ago I was in a Friends (Quaker) Meeting that I attend in Baltimore (Maryland, USA), and one Friend rose to speak of the presence of The Christ in the midst, as per the verse "Where two or three are gathered in my name, there AM I in the midst." Christ is the medium, encountered through death of the limited self, as it enters the ground and grows in relation to the SELF.

      This reminds me of that second line of a mantra: In Christo Morimur.

      Ex Deo Nascimur

      In Christo Morimur

      Per Spiritum Sanctum Revivicimus.

      (From God we are born--In Christ we die--In the Holy Spirit we are Resurrected)

      Praise for this Harvest Season (what a wonderful Harvest Moon is being prepared in the sky!). Praise for the falling seeds that will enter the Earth this end of summer into the winter, to be reborn in spring. May we likewise so die to be reborn.

      With Love, your servant,