17796Tarvos Trigaranus

  • carynlouise24
    Nov 3, 2008
      Thanks for the lecture cycle on The Druidic Wisdom Steve and the
      wonderful diagram.

      `While man still felt inwardly that he was spirit born of spirit,
      when he looked outward to the blossoming of Nature, to the clouds
      from which the lightning flashes, to the wind and weather, to the
      delicate, wonderfully formed crystals, to hill and dale, a mood came
      over him which can be traced by Spiritual Science over long periods,
      especially over the times when men were civilized.

      They might have expressed it as follows: We men are spirit born of
      spirit; in our pre-earthly existence our being was knit together with
      the spiritual, but now we are transplanted into the environment of
      Nature. We behold the lovely flowers, the vast mountains, the mighty
      power of Nature in wind and weather, but the spirit is withdrawn'.
      Rudolf Steiner

      -In `the Lost Zodiac of the Druids' Gregory A. Clouter tells us :
      the Celtic Mars (before the Roman invasions which were done so
      cruelly) role was the protector of Cernunnos.

      Cernunnos, also named Hercules - was named Dis, the god of the
      underworld by Caesar.

      The Drudic wisdom, in this book, tells us Cernunnos is the God of
      Vegetation and is symbolized by the mistletoe.

      Cernunnos is portrayed as a Stag-Horned Diety who sits cross legged
      and has the God Apollo, who is presented carrying two ram horned
      serpents in either hand representing the dualist nature of the Celtic
      Apollo. And the God Mercury on the other side of him whom is
      presented with his wings.

      `The Gauls affirm that they are all descended from a common father,
      Cernunnos / Dis, and say that this is the tradition of the Druids'.

      This is a wisdom connected with Cernunnos – the God of Vegetation.

      -We have learnt through Spiritual Science; our Etheric body and when
      we pass through the portal of death it is given back to the Earth and
      in a new life our Etheric body is received.

      The Christ has come!

      In the lectures Steve brought for us:

      Man in the Past, Present, and Future; The Evolution of Consciousness
      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/ManPast/19230915p01.html

      `While man still felt inwardly that he was spirit born of spirit,
      when he looked outward to the blossoming of Nature, to the clouds
      from which the lightning flashes, to the wind and weather, to the
      delicate, wonderfully formed crystals, to hill and dale, a mood came
      over him which can be traced by Spiritual Science over long periods,
      especially over the times when men were civilized.

      They might have expressed it as follows: We men are spirit born of
      spirit; in our pre-earthly existence our being was knit together with
      the spiritual, but now we are transplanted into the environment of
      Nature. We behold the lovely flowers, the vast mountains, the mighty
      power of Nature in wind and weather, but the spirit is withdrawn.
      Thus the notion of a purely material Nature in the environment
      increasingly arose.

      Men felt — I mean of course those who were the most developed, the
      men whom we should call civilized in our modern sense — they saw that
      their body was formed out of the substances of this Nature which for
      them had lost its divine-spiritual quality.

      If men nowadays felt anything like this, they would begin to think,
      to speculate and philosophize about it. It was not so with the men of
      that earlier time. Without reflection they experienced a great
      disharmony within themselves: "I come as spirit from a world of
      spirit, my essential being has descended from divine heights, but I
      am clothed with substance taken from a Nature which the spirit seems
      to have abandoned; my spiritual existence is interwoven with
      something that does not reveal the spirit.

      My body is made up out of the same substances as the flowers of the
      field and the water of the clouds and rain, but these substances have
      lost their divine quality."

      -In Occult Science we learn Arhiman (Jehovah) held his hand over this
      wisdom – over the Spiritual Powers in nature.

      (One of) The Christ's Greatest Gift to mankind is the freeing of the
      spiritual powers in nature.

      Rudolf Steiner:

      `We shall see tomorrow how this curtain had existed for a thousand
      years, becoming thicker and thicker, and how this expressed itself in
      man's whole mood.

      Then a light appeared which did penetrate the curtain and to a
      certain extent the curtain fell away; it was the light that shone
      forth on Golgotha. In this way the Deed of Golgotha finds its place
      in human evolution.

      This Deed, accomplished on the Earth, was to reopen for man the
      vision of the spirituality of the world which he had once seen in the
      wide spaces of the Cosmos.

      Christ, by passing through the Mystery of Golgotha, was to bring into
      man's life on Earth what had in earlier times been seen in the
      Heavens. The divine-spiritual Being of Christ was to descend and live
      in a human body, so that He might bring this light in a new way to
      men who could no longer leave the Earth'.

      And thus we have The Christ (who is not of this world) and we have
      Nature (who is of this world)

      Christian Rosenkreutz spoke thus; the Resurrection of Nature in
      Christ.

      From the `Book of Revelation' Rudolf Steiner lectures

      Lecture seven

      'Science as we know it today, in the way it came into being not so
      very long ago and in the way it works, is only a one-sided science of
      the Father.

      We must add to this the knowledge of the Son, of Christ, that
      knowledge which relates to how the human being takes himself in hand,
      how the human being receives an impulse that can only be taken in
      through the soul and that does not come from the forces of heredity.

      That the human being enters into this is at first without any law,
      without the force or effectiveness of any law.

      The effectiveness comes in for him through the spirit, so
      that in the sense of the ancient Mysteries we have two realms: the
      realm of nature which is the realm of the Father, and the realm of
      the Spirit. The human being is carried from the realm of nature into
      the realm of Spirit by the Son, by Christ'.

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale"
      <sardisian01@...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise24"
      > <carynlouise24@> wrote:
      > >
      > > `And before that, say when Isaiah was prophet, God was All-
      Present,
      > > and the people had shoes and soles'. – This is exciting Steve!
      > >
      > > A Druid's Almanac
      > >
      > > The Coligny calendar was discovered in 1897 at Coligny near
      Bourge-
      > en-
      > > Besse, Ain (France) and remains to this day the only example of a
      > > Celtic calendar surviving from the Late Iron Age. Although
      > > fragmentary, the original artifact was once a single bronze
      plague
      > > measuring 1.5 by 1 metres and despite the fact that only half of
      > the
      > > tableau remains, it still constitutes the largest surviving
      Gaulish
      > > text.
      > >
      > > Its survival is even more astonishing when we consider that, like
      > the
      > > Gundstrup cauldron, the calendar was deliberately dismantled
      prior
      > > its final deposition. This suggests the co-ordinated destruction
      > of
      > > a nearby Druidic sanctuary during the persecution under Claudius.
      > (pg
      > > 68)
      > >
      > > To prove that the Druids did indeed gauge the zodiac by the
      > > progression of the full moon through the constellations of the
      > > ecliptic, we must look at the case of Samhain/Samonos.
      > >
      > > The Irish sources inform us that the Celtic New Year commenced at
      > > Samhain falling on the solar cross-quarter day of 31 October.
      > >
      > > The evidence from the Coligny calendar supports this tradition,
      > with
      > > the placing of Samonos at the first of the 12 regular months of
      the
      > > year (Samonos and Samhain being cognate Celtic names). (pg 86)
      > >
      > > Samhain corresponds with the Gaulish month of Samonos, `the month
      > of
      > > seeding', falling in the lunar month of October/November
      > > (Samonos/Taurus)
      > >
      > > At the opposite time of the year, the month Giamonos, `sprouting'
      > > celebrated the first arrival of summer when Apollo Maponus is
      > > released from his winter captivity and ascends as the victorious
      > sun
      > > Belenus. The term `sprouting' refers to the mistletoe coming
      into
      > > flower at this time, personified as the antlered deity Cernunnos,
      > who
      > > should be recognized in the constellations Scorpio/Ophiucus. (pg
      79)

      > > The calendar further informs us, by way of the term Trinux Samoni
      > > Sindiu, `herein the three nights of Samon', that Samhain was
      > > originally held during the three nights of the full moon of the
      > lunar
      > > month of October/November.
      > >
      > > If the position of the sun was used to designate the appropriate
      > time
      > > for celebration, we should expect to find a symbolic
      correspondence
      > > with the zodiac sign of Scorpio.
      > >
      > > But if the position of the moon was used, we should expect to
      find
      > an
      > > association with Taurus the bull. (pg 86)
      > >
      > > The Second Stone
      > > The setting and rising of Celtic Mars/Taurus/Samonos & Celtic
      > > Mercury/Scorpio Ophiucus.
      > >
      > > Extracts from `the Lost Zodiac of the Druids' George A. Clouter
      > >

      > > -May I suggest:
      > > The turning of Vulcan-Taurus-Lunar now rises in Vulcan-Scorpio-
      Sun.

      > > And this is our Hermetic Sun!
      > >
      > > Antichthon
      > > Term of Greek origin, used to denote the `second Earth' which is
      > > supposed to lie on the opposite side of the Sun to our own Earth,
      > > revolving invisibly to man. Linked with the school of Pythagoras.
      > >
      > > (Pythagoras himself studied among the Druids)
      > >
      > > And thus; the Elohim, the Exusiai, the Spirits of Form :
      > >
      > > The Exusiai; as shown in the Yggdrasil Tree, work through or
      > manifest
      > > through the Sentient Soul, and in the Genesis lectures the Elohim
      > > element is Fire. The Sentient Soul is the higher creative centre
      > of
      > > communication linking with the intellectual soul and self
      > > expression. And in the Genesis lectures we are told Lucifer
      placed
      > > in herself in the Sentient Soul.
      > >
      > > The Sun
      > > Ophiucus (Cernunnos)
      > > Esus (Perseus)
      > >
      > > Helen Blavatsky writes of Mercury in Fred Gettings dictionary:
      > >
      > > Nuntius :
      > > One of the medieval esoteric names for Mercury, which pictures
      the
      > > planet in its anthropomorphized role as messenger. It is
      sometimes
      > > called `nunctator', though in both forms it is found most often
      in
      > > the astrological terminology linked with alchemy.
      > >
      > > Blavatsky writes of astrological Mercury as `still more occult
      and
      > > mysterious than Venus', and likens the word Nuntis (a term
      > seemingly
      > > derived from the Mystery wisdom) to `Sun-Wolf' – no doubt a
      > reference
      > > to the hermetic Anubis (see November).
      > >
      > > She is of course touching upon the esoteric tradition which links
      > > Mercury in union with the Sun – the St. Christopher Mercury, who
      > > carries the Sun Child on his shoulders, was originally a dog-
      headed
      > > Latinized Anubis.

      > http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/ManPast/ManPas_index.html

    • Show all 41 messages in this topic