17640Re: The difference between Ahriman thinking and Luciferic thinking

  • jmn36210
    Oct 5, 2008

      Steve wrote:

      "It is quite remarkable indeed that in the short span of five years
      time, Rudolf Steiner had to revise his earliest calculations of the
      earth epochs to those that more accurately depict the facts of an
      earth evolution numbered in thousands of years vs. millions of
      years. Thus, if you compare GA53 and GA93a with GA123, the
      difference based on a more exact clairvoyance is clearly in evidence.
      And the span of time for recognizing this difference is 1905 to 1910.
      <snip>

      It is all scientific supposition, based on arrogance and pride, and the
      extreme desire to control public opinion and the future of the world."

      It's a shame that GA 123 [The Gospel of Matthew] is not online yet...

      Please jump to lecture eight [September 8, 1910] of your copy of GA 123!
      I'm translating from the German:

      "On the other hand, consider how Man is blissfully unaware of the mysteries
      of the human physical body! In order to bring it to its present state, Divine
      spiritual beings have been at work on the physical body --- not only for
      millions of years, but for millions of millions of years [...nicht nur
      durch Jahrmillionen, sondern Jahrmillionen mal Millionen...]."

      That means thousands of billions of years...
      [1 billion = 1,000,000,000]

      As you can see, in GA 123 precisely, in that very year 1910, Rudolf Steiner
      was saying that the cosmic history of the human physical body stretched over
      a period of time much greater than the mere 4.6 billion years of our Solar
      system or even the age of the entire universe according to the estimates of
      modern science--- no less!

      And here's another example. Sorry, I don't have time to go into details.
      In the wonderful improvised lectures he held for the people working at the
      Goetheanum, Rudolf Steiner once talked about *the elephant* and the forces
      of reproduction. As far as the Lunar forces of reproduction are concerned
      [the maternal forces or feminine aspect of reproduction], Rudolf Steiner very
      clearly stated that they were passed down through generations and inherited
      from a time prior to the Moon's separation from the Earth --- and he expressly
      specified [twice over] that *millions of years* [Jahrmillionen] were involved!

      Isn't it interesting to note that Steiner gave this lecture in the year 1922?
      [September 27, 1922 - GA 347. It's not online...]

      Never mind the miscalculations, the arrogance and pride, the vanity,
       and the extreme desire to control public opinion, of modern science now...

      With all due respect - how about minding *your own* for a change?

      Jean-Marc

      > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "jmn36210" jmnguyen@ wrote:
      > >

      > > Steve wrote: "Mercury and Venus were born out of the Sun when It
      > was
      > > enabled to
      > > turn Its gaze back toward the Earth about fifty thousand years ago.
      > > This means that these two inner planets can hardly be a part of what
      > > is said to be a universe that is four billion years old. This, of
      > > course, is modern astronomy and astrophysics talking. Astrophysics!
      > > Is that an oxymoron? <snip>
      > > Now, when this occurred, in terms of the Moon's separation after
      > > passing over the mineral element to the earth, it allowed the Sun to
      > > return toward earth evolution, bearing the forces of the other Six
      > > Elohim. And at this point, Venus and Mercury popped out of the Sun;
      > > the two sacred inner planets."
      > ----\
      > > ---------------- "Mercury and Venus were born... about fifty
      > > thousand years ago"? This, of course, is modern spiritual scientist
      > > Steve speaking. Steve! I'm translating from the German [GA 53 -
      > > March 9, 1905] --- Rudolf Steiner is talking about the Moon's
      > > separation: "The complete separation did not happen all at once
      > (...)
      > > All proceeded slowly and gradually, during millions and millions of
      > > years." Next, I'm quoting from the RS Archive: "The force
      > enters
      > > into the form with ever increasing density and hence life in the
      > > Lemurian Age had to receive a new impulse, which was brought about
      > by
      > > the turning around of the Earth Globe. The axis of the Earth was
      > > gradually turned. Previously there was a tropical climate at the
      > North
      > > Pole; later through the turning around of the Earth axis the
      > tropical
      > > climate came into the middle region. This change proceeded with
      > > comparative rapidity but lasted nevertheless for perhaps four
      > million
      > > years. [Rudolf Steiner later revised his time scale of earthly
      > evolution
      > > to much shorter periods. Ed.] ***The Lemurian Age was twenty-two
      > million
      > > years ago.*** Four million years were needed by the Moon Pitris in
      > order
      > > to turn the axis of the Earth." [GA 93a - October 25, 1905] 1. The
      > > sentence in blue does *not* appear in the original German text.
      > 2. The
      > > sentence ***in red*** was surreptitiously deleted from the English
      > > translation... Jean-Marc
      >

      > It is quite remarkable indeed that in the short span of five years
      > time, Rudolf Steiner had to revise his earliest calculations of the
      > earth epochs to those that more accurately depict the facts of an
      > earth evolution numbered in thousands of years vs. millions of
      > years. Thus, if you compare GA53 and GA93a with GA123, the
> [...]

    • Show all 126 messages in this topic