      Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 12:47 AM
      Subject: RE: [anthroposophy] Re: The Physical Christ

      The link to the description of the night butterfly moves:
      http://home. scarlet.be/ wim.degent/ Notes/notes. html

      To: anthroposophy@ yahoogroups. com
      From: bellmeine@hotmail. com
      Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 07:41:24 +0300

      Hi,
      this has no bearing on the otherwise interesting discussion, but I perceive you sometimes mention Islam in this group, and the following point has to be made: The Quran says that Christ will come when people lie on the ground like night butterflies. Indeed, people lie on the ground in Carlos Castaneda's Tensegrity (Magical Passes) seminars practicing night butterfly movements. The night butterfly or moth is traditionally the image of the night side of psyche, and in Tensegrity it is the guardian of the second attention or the otherworld. Since people are taught in Tensegrity they can achieve a state which happens to resemble Christ's departure to heaven (the original text says to the Sky), the point becomes relevant.

      Steiner was opposed to the crystallizing influence of Ahriman in dreams, but I think this is exactly what they try to achieve in Tensegrity. According to Steiner, we ought to be able to experience etheric flowing forms in dreams instead.

      Mikko

      To: anthroposophy@ yahoogroups. com
      From: sardisian01@ yahoo.com
      Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 05:10:24 +0000
      Subject: [anthroposophy] Re: The Physical Christ

      --- In anthroposophy@ yahoogroups. com, "carol" <organicethics@ ...>
      wrote:

      > Steve, your fixation on this 'problématique' appears to me to be,
      > alas, another one of your famous <make the pieces fit the puzzle>,
      at
      > whatever cost it involves.
      >
      > First of all, Gurdjeiff wasn't Russian, but lived there only a few
      > years. Ouspenski was Russian- but that doesn't certify the
      sanctity of
      > his world view. You don't know what were the conditions of his
      > childhood, aside that he was gifted. You don't know what multiple
      > influences may have played into his adult choice to follow
      Gurdjeiff's
      > path as opposed to 'happening' upon Anthropsophy, for example.
      These may
      > have had something to do with the physical, social, religious,
      political
      > environment/ influences of his formative years, as well, they may
      have
      > had something to do with the 7 generation family group
      soul 'situation',
      > and/or personal biographic issues.
      >
      > As for the two major moving blocks- east and west etheric
      body 'types'-
      > this is a situation to view 'from a bird's eye view'. Please, don't
      > think you've 'struck gold' on this issue with Gurdjeiff and
      Ouspenski.
      > You couldn't have found more 'suitable' canditates to study this
      > 'etheric body' scenario?
      >
      > How about Tomberg, or Bailey? Marie Steiner? (a joke)
      >
      > Just thought I'd let you know that this list's contributer- Jean-
      Marc,
      > is both Asian and French. He most definitely has at least a bit of
      > 'lightened' etheric body in spite of the fact that he lives in an
      area
      > where the ' generalized' body types reflect, to a good extent, the
      > formative forces inherent in the French language.
      >
      > How's your etheric body type, Steve? From what 'ethnic' stock does
      it
      > derive it's caracteristics- outside of the ongoing 'formative
      influence'
      > it receives from the forceful Ahrimanic Anglo social environment in
      > which you live?
      >
      > I imagine that you know that MINE is predominantly Slavic of
      Ukraine and
      > Poland with an Italien 'accent'. Oh, there's another meeting
      between
      > east and west.
      >
      > Gee, both Jean-Marc and I MUST be playing to some measure, in
      Micheal's
      > court, no ?

      Well, let us try another example. The intellectual soul is a very
      poor comprehender of deeper concepts, but the analogy of the clock
      might help in understanding what is easy, in terms of learning, and
      what is difficult in the unlearning of bad habits and rigid
      characteristics. This undoing is also very important. The Fourth
      Way is all about this latter work because it constitutes ahriman's
      presence in the etheric body. That is where the battle with the
      dragon is waged in conscience with Michael.

      "What we call `conscience' is nothing else than the outcome of the
      work of the Ego on the life-body through incarnation after
      incarnation. When man begins to perceive that he ought not to do
      this or that, and when this perception makes so strong an impression
      on him that the impression passes on into his etheric
      body, `conscience' arises.

      Now this work of the Ego upon the lower members may either be
      something that is proper to a whole race of men; or else it may be
      entirely individual, an achievement of the individual Ego working on
      itself alone. In the former case, the whole human race collaborates,
      as it were, in the transformation of the human being. The latter
      kind of transformation depends on the activity of the individual Ego
      alone and of itself. The Ego may become so strong as to transform,
      by its very own power and strength, the sentient body. What the Ego
      then makes of the Sentient or Astral Body is called `Spirit-Self'
      (or by an Eastern expression, `Manas'). This transformation is
      wrought mainly through a process of learning, through an enriching
      of one's inner life with higher ideas and perceptions.

      Now the Ego can rise to a still higher task, and it is one that
      belongs quite essentially to its nature. This happens when not only
      is the astral body enriched, but the etheric or life-body
      transformed. A man learns many things in the course of his life; and
      if from some point he looks back on his past life, he may say to
      himself: `I have learned much.' But in a far less degree will he be
      able to speak of a transformation in his temperament or character
      during life, or of an improvement or deterioration in his memory.
      Learning concerns the astral body, whereas the latter kinds of
      transformation concern the etheric or life-body. Hence it is by no
      means an unhappy image if we compare the change in the astral body
      during life with the course of the minute hand of a clock, and the
      transformation of the life-body with the course of the hour hand.

      When man enters on a higher training — or, as it is called, occult
      training — it is above all important for him to undertake, out of
      the very own power of his Ego, this latter transformation.
      Individually and with full consciousness, he has to work out the
      transformation of his habits and his temperament, his character, his
      memory ... In so far as he thus works into his life-body, he
      transforms it into what is called in anthroposophical
      terminology, `Life-Spirit' (or, as the Eastern expression has
      it, `Budhi')."

      http://wn.rsarchive .org/Articles/ EduChild/ EduChi_essay. html;mark= 543,
      24,29#WN_mark

      Ilmainen päivitys Windows Live Messengerillesi! Klikkaa!

      Liity nyt uuteen Windows Live Messenger perheeseen Klikkaa!

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic