17257Re: New lecture cycle available

  • carynlouise24
    Sep 1, 2008
      `Jesuitism is a dangerous exaggeration of the Jesus Principle.

      On the other hand a most careful, conscientious preservation of the
      Christ Principle which above all seek carefully for the ways of
      truth. Cognition always signifies a taking account of the world
      around us, and also of ourselves.

      Our moral ideals (our great moral ideas) how they belong to the will
      of God, in which they must be ultimately grounded. We might indeed
      compare our soul life in its totality with a deep ocean. All
      conscious life is rooted in a subconscious soul-life.

      For what does the progress of spiritual life signify save that many
      things which have long dwelt down below take form for the first time
      when they are brought to surface level?' Rudolf Steiner.

      The Risen Christ and the Etheric Christ Lecture II. The Vision of
      Christ in the Etheric World.

      `When we consider the phrase "Last Judgment" we need not give the
      Greek word for it as we have adopted that in modern English. We know
      it very well, this word for judgment. It is "Crisis," which is just
      the old Greek word spelled in English letters.

      You need only put that word into the context of the New Testament and
      you get at once a different feeling: that parousia will produce a
      crisis. Of course you may say a crisis is a judgment. The economic
      crisis of 1929 which this country remembers so well was without doubt
      a judgment on the prevailing economic system.

      In that sense, international crises are judgments upon our
      international dealings. Yet this is an entirely different concept of
      a judgment; not a legalistic one, of a being sitting up in judgment
      and passing sentence on others, but a judgment inherent in the
      progress of human destiny. That is the significance of the Coming of
      the Etheric Christ being the cause of a crisis.

      Now the Greek word for eternal is aeon; again a word which has been
      taken into modern English. It is a kind of poetic expression borrowed
      from Ancient Greek to denote a period of history; in fact, a period
      of history defined by a cosmic background. That is the old concept of
      an aeon — a period in human development which is fundamentally part
      of a cosmic rhythm. This is suggested in the biblical prophecies to
      which Steiner refers; because of the Etheric Presence of Christ a
      crisis of the age, an historic crisis, will be brought about.

      Rudolf Steiner said the final fate of the planet Earth will be
      decided! It is not the Last Judgment, but that evolutionary crisis
      which the Advent of the Etheric Christ will bring'.

      The divine approaches the noblest in man; it cannot and must not
      approach the lower.

      The War has already been fought and the War has already been Won –
      Christ won the War. Not by might nor by power but by His Spirit –
      His Spirit of Love.

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66" <holderlin66@...>
      > McCain's running mate for V.P. Sarah Palin as a radical, radical
      > Armageddeon choice, gets us into a very strange and edgy world of
      > Militant Christianity, if there could be such a way of grasping the
      > message of true Christianity in any stretch of the Luciferic human
      > However with the Armageddon branch of ninnies trying to bring about
      > their psycho nightmare of the End Times via Israel and attacking
      > we find once more that America and various crazies, shrink wrap the
      > Bible, and shrink wrap the Stoning of Stephen and shrink wrap
      Christ to
> [...]
      > Bentley is considered a prophet both by his followers and by other
      > leaders of the Joel's Army movement, whose adherents claim to be
      > reviving a "five-fold ministry" of prophets, apostles, elders,
      > and teachers, as outlined in the Book of Ephesians"
      > http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/29/163234/559/495/579213
      > <http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/29/163234/559/495/579213>
      > A look at the home website of Palin's church
      > <http://jccalaska.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/AppLogic+FTContentServer?
      > /10000/3000/582JU/vision> tends to be revealing. Among other
      things, a
      > particular Assemblies buzzword associated frequently with Hillsong
      > and New Zealand Assemblies churches shows up ("Destiny", here, is a
      > buzzword for "Joel's Army", and is being preferred even as the
      > "Joel's Army" is getting enough negative spin that even the
      > is now having to do some rather massive spin control
      > <http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=964> );
      > churches are promoted
      > <http://jccalaska.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/applogic+ftcontentserver?
      > aithhighway/10000/3000/582JU/ministry5> (of the same sort that are
      > linked to short-term and longterm psychological damage
      > <http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/5/15/15587/1892/116/515505>
      and are
      > among the most coercive tactics ever documented in spiritually
      > groups
      > ). The church, like a number of other large Assemblies churches,
      is the
      > center of a dominionist broadcast TV center
      > <http://jccalaska.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/AppLogic+FTContentServer?
      > aithHighway/10000/3000/582JU/staff1> whose programming is carried
      > across multiple channels
      > <
      > FaithHighway/10000/3000/582JU/Ministry6> in Alaska.
      > http://www.alternet.org/story/96945/?page=entire
      > <http://www.alternet.org/story/96945/?page=entire>
      > LAKELAND, Fla. -- Todd Bentley has a long night ahead of him,
      > resurrecting the dead, healing the blind, and exploding cancerous
      > tumors. Since April 3, the 32-year-old, heavily tattooed, body-
      > shaved-head Canadian preacher has been leading a continuous
      > "supernatural healing revival" in central Florida. To contain the
      > 10,000-plus crowds flocking from around the globe, Bentley has
      > baseball stadiums, arenas and airport hangars at a cost of up to
      > a day. Many in attendance are church pastors themselves who believe
      > Bentley to be a prophet and don't bat an eye when he tells them he's
      > seen King David and spoken with the Apostle Paul in heaven. "He was
      > looking very Jewish," Bentley notes.
      > Tattooed across his sternum are military dog tags that read "Joel's
      > Army." They're evidence of Bentley's generalship in a rapidly
      > apocalyptic movement that's gone largely unnoticed by watchdogs of
      > theocratic right. According to Bentley and a handful of other
      > "hyper-charismatic" preachers advancing the same agenda, Joel's
      Army is
> [...]
      > The atmosphere is less charged with violence at "The Call," a 12-
      > revival of up to 20,000 youths led by Joel's Army pastor Lou Engle
      > held every summer in a major American city (this year's event was
      > scheduled for Washington, D.C. in August).
      > Attendees are called upon to fast and pray for 40 days and take up
      > culture-war pledges to lead abstinent lives, reject pornography and
      > fight abortion. They're further asked to perform "identificational
      > repentance," lugging along family trees and genealogies to see
      where one
      > of their ancestors may have enslaved or oppressed another so that
      > can make amends. (Many in the Joel's Army movement believe in
      > generational curses that must be broken by the current generation).
      > As even his critics note, Engle is a sweet, humble and gentle man
      > persona is difficult to reconcile with his belief in an end-time
      army of
      > invincible young Christian warriors. Yet while Engle is careful to
      > deploying explicit Joel's Army rhetoric at high-profile events like
      > Call, when he's speaking in smaller hyper-charismatic circles to
      > Joel's Army followers, he can venture into bloodlust.
      > This March, at a "Passion for Jesus" conference in Kansas City
      > by the International House of Prayer, or IHOP, a ministry for
      > from the heavy metal, punk and goth scenes, Engle called on his
      > for vengeance.
      > "I believe we're headed to an Elijah/Jezebel showdown on the Earth,
      > just in America but all over the globe, and the main warriors will
      > the prophets of Baal versus the prophets of God, and there will be
      > middle ground," said Engle. He was referring to the Baal of the Old
      > Testament, a pagan idol whose followers were slaughtered under
      > from the prophet Elijah.
      > "There's an Elijah generation that's going to be the forerunners
      for the
      > coming of Jesus, a generation marked not by their niceness but by
      > intensity of their passion," Engle continued. "The kingdom of heaven
      > suffers violence and the violent take it by force. Such force
      demands an
      > equal response, and Jesus is going to make war on everything that
      > hinders love, with his eyes blazing fire."
      > Although Joel's Army theology is mainly directed at people in their
      > teens and early 20s via events like The Call and ministries like
      > sometimes the target audience is even younger. In some of the most
      > arresting images in Jesus Camp, a 2006 documentary about the Kids on
      > Fire bible camp in North Dakota, grade school-aged kids dressed in
      > fatigues wield swords and conduct military field maneuvers. "A lot
      > people die for God and they're not afraid," one camper told ABC News
      > reporters in a follow-up segment.
      > "We're kinda being trained to be warriors," added another, "only in
      > funner way."
      > Cain and the Intellectuals
      > Both Christian and secular critics assailed the makers of Jesus
      Camp for
      > referring to the camp's extremist, militant Christianity as
      > "evangelical." There is a name, however, that describes Kids on
      > agenda, if you're familiar with their theology: Joel's Army. Pastor
      > Becky Fischer, who runs the camp, said that a third of the kids at
      > camp were under 6 years old because they are "more in touch in the
      > supernatural" and proclaimed them to be "soldiers for God's Army."
      > camp's blend of end-times militancy and supernaturalism is perfectly
      > emblematic of the Joel's Army movement, whose adherents believe
      > cause is prophesied in the Old Testament chapter titled "An Army of
      > Locusts."
      > The stark, evocative passages of that chapter describe a locust
      > that lays waste to Israel (to this day, the region suffers periodic
      > locust invasions): "Like dawn spreading across the mountains a
      large and
      > mighty army comes, such as never was of old nor ever will be in
      ages to
      > come." As remarkable as the language is, most biblical scholars
      > that it is a literal description of a locust invasion and resulting
      > famine that occurred sometime between the 9th and 5th centuries
      > In the Book of Joel, the locust invasion is described as an omen
      that an
      > Assyrian army to the north may attack Israel if it fails to repent
      as a
      > nation. But nowhere is the invasion described as an army of God.
      > According to an Assemblies of God position paper: "It is a complete
      > misinterpretation of Scripture to find in Joel's army of locusts a
      > militant, victorious force attacking society and a non-cooperating
      > Church to prepare the earth for Christ's millennial reign."
      > The story of how an ancient insect invasion came to be a rallying
      > for 21st-century dominonists begins just after World War II in
      > Out of a small town in Saskatchewan, a Pentecostal preacher named
      > William Branham spearheaded a 1948 revival in which he claimed that
      > followers lived in a new biblical time of "Latter Rain."
      > The most sinless and ardent of his flock would be called "Manifest
      > of God." By the next year, the movement was so strong -- and seemed
      > subversive to some -- that the Assemblies of God banned it as a
      > cult. But Branham remained a controversial figure with a loyal
      > following; many of his followers believed him to be the end-times
      > prophet Elijah.
      > Michael Barkun, a leading scholar of radical religion, notes that in
      > 1958, Branham began teaching "Serpent Seed" doctrine, the belief
      > Satan had sex with Eve, resulting in Cain and his
      descendants. "Through
> [...]
      kids in
      > KCF's Dominion school.
      > According to Gruen's report, students at the school were taught that
      > they were a "super-race" of the "elected seed" of all the best
      > bloodlines of all generations -- foreknown, predestined, and
      > hand-selected from billions of others to be part of the "end-time
      > generation."
      > Though he'd once promoted these doctrines himself, Gruen became
      > convinced that the movement was turning into an end-times cult,
      > by what he summarized as "spiritual threats, fears, and warnings of
      > death," "warning followers to beware of other Christians" and
      > "a 'super-race' mentality toward the training of their children."
      > When contacted by the Intelligence Report, Gruen's spokesman said
      > Gruen stands by everything he published in the report but no longer
      > grants media interviews.
      > The Kansas City Fellowship remains in operation and has served as a
      > team for many of the all-stars of the Joel's Army movement. Those
      > larger-than-life figures include John Wimber, the founder of a
      > California megachurch, The Vineyard, who, before his death in 1997,
      > proclaimed that Joel's Army would not only conquer the earth but
      > death itself. Lou Engle founded The Call based on the Joel's Army
      > visions that KCF "prophet" Bob Jones (not to be confused with Bob
      > III of Bob Jones University) received while at KCF. Mike Bickle,
      > KCF member, stayed in Kansas City to form the International House of
      > Prayer.
      > IHOP members and other Joel's Army adherents are well aware of how
      > movement is perceived by other conservative Christians.
      > "Today, you can type 'Joel's Army' into a search engine and a
      > heresy hunter websites pop up, decrying the very mention of it,"
      > John Crowder in The New Mystics. Crowder doesn't exactly allay
      > fears. "This is truly warfare," he writes. "This battle is not a
      > They [Joel's Army warriors] will not be on the defense; they will
      be on
      > the offense -- and the gates of hell will not be able to hold up
      > them."
      > So far, few members of the secular media have taken notice of Joel's
      > Army, even as they report on Protestant dominionists like Pat
      > or the more outrageous calls for the stoning of gays and lesbians
      > emanating from Reconstructionist circles. There are exceptions,
      > On the DailyKos, a well-read, politically liberal blog, a diarist
      > been blogging for two years about her experiences as a walkaway
      from a
      > Joel's Army church. She writes under a pseudonym out of fear of
      > reprisals.
      > She may have real cause for concern. As Wimber, the late founder of
      > Vineyard, put it in one of his most famous and fiery sermons, one
      > is still frequently cited by Joel's Army followers: "Those in this
      > will have His kind of power. ... Anyone who wants to harm them must
    • Show all 38 messages in this topic