      From: <starmann77@...>
      To: <anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 6:26 PM
      Subject: Re: [anthroposophy] Year cycle and Christian festival

      > Dear Franky,
      > *******All of what you right may be true. I was just noting was that the
      'astral' year seems to have a definite connection to the seasons--- and the
      use of the verses, I'd imagine, can't be separated from that. For instance,
      it wouldn't make sense to have people in the Southern Hemisphere using
      Christmas verses about the 'World-Cold' and such in their Midsummer to sense
      the astrality around them, now would it? So clearly, the astral body of the
      earth has a connection with the 'breathing process' of the seasons in the
      earth's temperate zones. So anyone from down under reading these should be
      aware of this!

      > It's an open question as to the relation of the Festivals to the astral
      year-cycle. St. John's Day being at the point when the Sun begins to
      decrease, which the Doctor connected with that saying of John about "He must
      increase while I decrease"---well, June 24th is the opposite time in the
      Southern Hemisphere. So does one celebrate St. John's on June 24th or in
      'midsummer', which is two opposite times in North and South?

      > similarly, the 'Solar' half of the year is when we have
      Nature-Consciousness while the 'Lunar' or Winter half is when we have
      Self-Consciousness, 'outer/inner' rhythm. The Doctor describes how we lean
      on outer nature in summer, and then the plants begin to die and we feel fear
      in Autumn, hence the need for courage and 'facing the Dragon' of death and
      mortality to kindle SELF consciousness again. Then, should not people in the
      Southern Hemisphere have the image of Michael and the Dragon before them in
      March, not September?

      > Just wondering...
      >
      > Starman
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic