16741Re: Crucifixion

  • Stephen Hale
    Jul 9, 2008
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Mason"
      <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:
      > I don't know whether RS said anything in this vein,
      > but some Anthro authors (as have plenty of non-Anthro)
      > attribute this darkness to a sandstorm. Such
      > sandstorms are not at all unknown around Jerusalem;
      > they come up from the vast desert and can indeed
      > cause darkness at noon. No doubt world-karma
      > bought this storm at that particular time and
      > place (like the earthquake), but the immediate,
      > "natural" cause of the darkness need not have
      > been any astronomical improbability.

      Question: Could we hear something about the origin of volcanoes?

      Dr. Steiner: That's a question that can't be answered quite so
      quickly. I will lead you to the point where you can find an answer to
      it. For if you read present-day books you can certainly find all
      sorts of ideas on the origin of volcanoes, but if you read older
      books, lying farther back in time, you find other views, and in still
      earlier books again other views. People have never inquired into the
      real origin of the earth and so views on volcanic phenomena have
      changed in the course of time. As a matter of fact, no one has been
      able to form a true idea of how these fire-erupting mountains

      You see, it can always be shown that when things like fiery eruptions
      happen on the earth, they are connected with the constellations, the
      relation of the stars to the sun. An eruption can never occur unless
      at some particular place the sun is able to shine more strongly than
      usual because it is not covered by other stars. If it is covered by
      other stars as is generally the case, then the sunshine is normal.
      Starlight is everywhere; one must not think that the stars are not up
      there during the day, it is just that we don't see them. In the old
      city of Jena where people had time to do such things, where so many
      German philosophers taught, where Haeckel lived too, there is a deep
      cellar with a tower above it, open at the top. If you go down into
      this cellar in the daytime and look up through the tower it is all
      dark inside, but you see up above the most beautiful starry sky. When
      it is daytime, and clear and bright outside, you can see the most
      beautiful star-lit heavens, with stars everywhere.
      But when the stars are in such a position that the sun can develop
      its heat to full strength, when they do not obstruct the sun, then
      the sun's forces of warmth shine down upon some special places. These
      are the places where, after the earth had been fastened together,
      later volcanoes arose. They came about later. On the other hand,
      those that lie along the edges of the tetrahedron are the original

      The Evolution of the Earth and Man and The Influence of the Stars
      Lecture XII, 18 Sept. 1924
    • Show all 34 messages in this topic