16669Re: A Winter Solstice contemplation

  • carynlouise24
    Jul 1, 2008
      I am seeing the pattern; it is a lovely symphony and I'd like to muse
      a bit more on the numbers.

      "But what bounds the man as destiny (as forces of subsolar planets)
      have freedom impulses from those above the Sun (as suprasolar
      planets)"

      This is a wonderful perspective on the inner sun and outer sun
      impulses; traveling further than the Sun is admirable and takes a
      considerable amount of skill.

      "So, there lies Jupiter. In 12 years - a year for Jupiter – man
      receives other forces in respect of "understanding" or "gaining
      access to understanding"

      We understand Jupiter is the hierarchy of the zodiac; being the arch-
      mover of the twelve seats. Jupiter; is part of the second hierarchy –
      the Kyriotetes / Dominions – the Spirits of Wisdom.

      Thus, Saturn is the high arch-mover of the whole celestial dome. He
      is Thrones and part of the first hierarchy; the Spirits of Will.

      Uranus is the warmth around Saturn; providing the Air for the fiery-
      warmth of Saturn.

      Neptune veils the three-fold Father, Mother and Son.

      Pluto is Osiris; and one day should be accorded his true place of
      ruler of Aries.

      "The Pentagram sometimes called the pentalpha, is the five-pointed
      star regarded as a symbol of many esoteric qualities: it is indeed
      the symbol of the microcosm, as well as the etheric (see Morning
      Star). The pentagram has from very early times been linked
      esoterically with the planet Venus. In this latter connection, as
      the work of Schultz demonstrates, when the patterns of conjunctions
      between Venus and Sun are plotted over synodic periods, a pentagram
      is traced in the skies around the Earth. Sample data given for the
      first order cycle relating to dates of conjunctions are: 13.4.53;
      15.11.54; 22.7.56; 28.1.58; 1.9.59; 11.4.61.

      In the 15th century Agrippa published a number of interesting figures
      relating the planets to the human body and corresponding centres of
      rulerships. In the relevant figure for the pentagram the planets
      accorded the points of the pentagram are a sort of exoteric blind,
      for what is of real importance is the centre, marked with the sigil
      for the Moon.

      The esotericists maintained that the pentagram was the symbolic form
      of the post-mortem state, and it is therefore of deep significance
      that the centre of this posture (the `etheric posture', as it is
      sometimes called in esoteric circles) is placed upon the lunar sigil,
      for it is through the lunar sphere which the newly departed must
      first travel after death. The sexual parts, linked with the negative
      Mars of Scorpio, marks the unregenerate man which must be burned away
      in the purgatorial fires of the lunar sphere. Agrippa makes this
      clear by implication when he points out that another posture (with
      the arms raised) puts the centre upon the navel, which represents the
      solar, life-enhancing position, yet which breaks the pentagram-
      structure of the lunar-centred figure". Fred Gettings.

      Dan; you mentioned a 20 year cycle of Saturn – which is interesting.

      `Tis the Music of the Spheres :)

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "nadmateescu" <nadmateescu@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Caryn,
      >
      > Regarding the occult law of three-generations (the hundred years
      law)
      > some discussions were made about on this list.
      > To quote Jean-Marc:" from the occult perspective of Steiner's
      > revelations regarding the historical becoming of Mankind, the
      > effectiveness of all *social* seeds or actions whether free or
      unfree!
      > --- endures for three generations, for three 33-year cycles, i.e.,
      for
      > a century."
      > If we come back and look upon 12 x 100 =1200 years (regarding Venus
      > pentagram) we have 100 years ( 33 x 3 generations) x 12.
      > Therefore a "macrocosmic" image of Man (considering the spiritual
      > forces of Venus) completes zodiac in 1200 years.
      > But what bounds the man as destiny (as forces of subsolar planets)
      > have freedom impulses from those above the Sun (as suprasolar
      planets)
      > So, there lies Jupiter. In 12 years - a year for Jupiter - man
      > receives other forces in respect of "understanding" or "gaining
      acces
      > to understanding"
      > (I also found this in my bio, when after 12 years I found the
      > connection with Anthroposophia in a whole new light.)
      > So, in a life of 72 years we have :
      > 72/8 (years - 8 years is a complete pentagram of Venus) = 9 cycles
      > 72/12 (Jupiter) = 6 cycles
      >

      > Now, with these in mind we may think about the 40 days and 40 years.
      > And we can step a little in the "quantity" and "quality" aspects...
      > The pentagon shape is traced around the zodiac in five such synodic
      > periods, which is 7.993 years or 8 years to a fraction of a day.
      Venus
> [...]
      > > 1200 years. (Does it deals with the same occult law of three
      > > generations or a hundred years law ? :)
      > >
      > > -Scratching my head here .. 3 x 72 = 216 …
      > >
      > > What is interesting in `Perception of the Nature of Thought — Sun
      > > Activity in Earthly Evolution' — GA 161 Rudolf Steiner tells us;
      > >
      > > `Saturn's movement however, is 1,200 times that of the whole
      > > celestial dome'.
      > >
      > > Do you think Dr. Steiner is saying Saturn's revolution is 25,920
      > > 1,200? And I wonder if the Venus Pentagram is part of this.
      > >

      > > Dan wrote:
      > > 72 years - a day
      > > 72 x 7 - 504 years - a week (That's why i've said that 1917 stands
      > > after one week from 1413.1413+504= 1917)
      > > 72 x 30 - 2160 years - a month
      > > 72 x 360 - 25 920 years - a year
      > >
      > > Now, regarding the "delay", Powell brought a very, very important
      > > matter for one who wants to deal with the star-script. Because we
      are
      > > now dealing with the cosmic Time. And Time is one of the seven
      letters
      > > to this cosmic script:
      > >
      > > "Now there arose the letters of the Cosmic Writing.
      > >
      > > If I now write them down before you they are as abstract as abcd:
      > >
      > > Quantity
      > > Quality
      > > Relation
      > > Space
      > > Time
      > > Position
      > > Activity (or Action)
      > > Passivity (or Suffering)"
      > >
      > > From R. Steiner - "THE MYSTERIES OF EPHESUS.THE ARISTOTELIAN
      > > CATEGORIES"
      > >
      > > - This is true and the headings sum it up quite well; ... and as
      > > beings from various planets we work according to that planet's
      > > revolution? As Dr. Steiner says `On the earth we have the
      collection
      > > of human beings in their evolution'. Also the various planet
      > > returns. I think this has a lot to do with our memories which we
      > > incarnate to catch up with - as well as living in our night and
      > > living in our day.
      > >
      > > Also always bearing in mind; the Lord God has the choice to move
      the
      > > Universe as he so wants. As we read in Isaiah- The Lord, God of
      > > David, moved the sun for Hezekiah. Isaiah 38:8 `Behold, I will
      bring
      > > again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun
      dial
      > > of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees,
      by
      > > which degrees it was gone down'. And fifteen years was added
      unto
      > > Hezekiah!
      > >

      > > Dan wrote:
      > > What Powell brought :
      > > "While each Cultural Age is ruled over by a Time Spirit (Archai),
      the
      > > Archangels rule over shorter periods. The succession of the seven
      > > Archangels is: Oriphiel, Aneal, Zachariel, Raphael, Samael,
      Gabriel
      > > and Michael. Johannes Trithemius (1462-1516), Abbot of Sponheim,
      > > assigned 354.33 years to each archangelic regency (see ARCHM,
      App.).1
      > > Steiner described the successive regencies in (KR-6), Lect. 8,
      but in
      > > such manner that I originally inferred that the seven always fell
      > > within a Cultural Age (2,160 years, averaging 308.57 years).
      However,
      > > Steiner later identified specific dates in an Aug. 18, 1924
      notebook
      > > entry editorially footnoted in (TFP), Lect. 7. These dates
      > > corresponded more closely to the 354.33-year periods given by
      > > Trithemius. The differences might be compared to those determined
      for
      > > the Astrological or Cultural Ages themselves, for the twelve
      zodiacal
      > > signs in the sky are not of equal 2,160-year spans. The two
      > > archangelic tabulations are compared below, working backward from
      the
      > > 1879 period given by Steiner for the start of the current
      Michaelic
      > > Age"
      > >
      > > -Yes, I agree the cultural ages and the twelve zodiacal signs are
      not
      > > equal 2,160 year spans. For example in `The Book of Revelation
      > > GA346' Dr. Steiner tells us the fourth post-Atlantean age
      started in
      > > 747 (lecture 12) and the fifth post-Atlantean age started in 1500
      > > (lecture 6) – this is saying that the fourth post age was 753
      years
      > > long.
      > >
      > > What is interesting, as well, is the entry of the I into the
      > > intellectual soul happened in the year 333 AD (lecture 11), thus
      this
      > > is saying, if I am correct, the entry of the I (into the
      intellectual
      > > soul) happened in the third post-Atlantean age.
      > >
      > > Dan wrote:
      > > Well, of course, Moon is here...
      > >
      > > Do you also think so … or is it the Venus transit?!
      > >
      > > "[Gr. Bethsaida, Bethesda, Bethzatha.) Bethesda is supported by
      most
      > > Greek manuscripts, still Bethzatha may be the true reading and
      > > Bethesda a corruption, as Bethsaida most probably is Bethesda,
      > > probably meaning "House of Mercy." The etymology of Bethzatha is
      > > uncertain. This pool had five porches in which the sick
      lay "waiting
      > > for the moving of the waters" (John 5:3) and most likely steps led
      > > down to it. Here the Savior cured a man "that had been eight and
      > > thirty years under his infirmity".
      > >
      > > I understand `Beth-el' to be `The House of God' …
      > >
      > > Here the Savior cured a man "that had been eight and
      > > thirty years under his infirmity".
      > >
      > > I'm thinking about `the forty years in the wilderness' … and the
      > > occult lore one cannot talk about the mysteries until one is 40.
      > >
      > > Still pondering the three generations and hundred year law ..
      also
> [...]
      > > heavens
      > > > that Powell identifies as "the Venus Pentagram," which makes a
      > > > complete rotation of the sidereal zodiac in 1,199 years. It is
      > > > explained in HA1, pp. 58-63 and pictured below"...
      > > >
      > > > Now , Venus has 1200 years for a complete zodiac. So, 12 x 100
      =
      > > 1200
      > > > years. (Does it deals with the same occult law of three
      generations
      > > or
      > > > a hundred years law ? :)
      > > > But, it is also contains a small note at that text:
      > > > "1. Interestingly, Robert Powell points out that the lunar year
      of
      > > > twelve synodic months is 354.33 days, suggesting a clear
      > > > correspondence with Trithemius' calculations.."
      > > >
      > > > Well, of course, Moon is here...
      > > >
      > > > "Offspring of all the Worlds! Thou Form of Light,
      > > > Firm framéd by the Sun, with Luna's might,
      > > >
      > > > Endow'd with sounding Mars' life-stirring song,
      > > > And swift-wing'd Mercury's motion in thy limbs,
      > > >
      > > > Illum'd with royal Jupiter's all-wisdom
      > > > And grace-bestowing Venus' loveliness —
      > > >
      > > > That ghostly Saturn's ancient memoried devoutness
      > > > Unto the world of Space and Time thee hallow!"
      > > >
      > > > But bradford also brought for us:
      > > > "Scott is now 40 he was born on Valentines day, 1968. He began
      > > having
      > > > his inner epiphany at his second Moon node, between 18.5 and 19
      > > years,
      > > > we cross the point where the Angelic community shows us and
      gives us
      > > > our higher beings goals and destiny web....in other words we
      can at
      > > > these moment come to meeting with our Angels. On the second
      pass, at
      > > > say 38 years, Scott passes through a meeting with his Angelic
      > > guardian
      > > > again, and this time there is a significant change, and Scott
      feels
      > > > the change deep in his being and feels it solidly change his
      entire
      > > > view of his destiny and from that moral epiphany perspective he
      > > writes
      > > > his book. It comes out when Scott is now 40. Biography, destiny,
      > > > really you can't make this up, you just have to marvel at the
      > > science
      > > > of biography."
      > > >
      > > > 5 star Venus pentagram, 5 porches and 38 years
      > > >
      > > > "[Gr. Bethsaida, Bethesda, Bethzatha.) Bethesda is supported by
      most
      > > > Greek manuscripts, still Bethzatha may be the true reading and
      > > > Bethesda a corruption, as Bethsaida most probably is Bethesda,
      > > > probably meaning "House of Mercy." The etymology of Bethzatha is
      > > > uncertain. This pool had five porches in which the sick
      lay "waiting
      > > > for the moving of the waters" (John 5:3) and most likely steps
      led
      > > > down to it. Here the Savior cured a man "that had been eight and

      Cosmic
      > > Year)

      > > each)

      Year