1530Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Ancient principles still viable today:

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Dec 1, 2000
      arthra999@... writes:

      << Thanks for sharing from Steiner's commentary of Patanjali, I hadn't read
      it before!

      Steiner wrote:<<A person whose money is invested in distilleries without his
      knowing it, is just as much guilty as the manufacturer who distils liquors.
      The fact of not knowing does not change the Karma. But if you are rich your
      possibility of hurting others is lessened in the proportion in which you
      strive after frugality.>>

      <<Could we apply this to many of us whose funds are used to exploit or
      pollute the environment and are persaonally unaware of it? He emphasis
      "frugality" which is very wise and minimally impacts the environment and
      balance or wheel of life. >>

      *******Yes, and there are people trying to follow the 'Right Livelihood' part
      of the 8-Fold Path---although Steiner said it is impossible in today's world
      economy---who have set up mutual funds where they carefully check what the
      money is invested in to ensure its uses are 'green'.

      Dr. Starman
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic