14119Re: I don't see it.

  • Stephen Hale
    Sep 6, 2007

      > Steve, I'll give you credit for placing your primary focus of the
      > Etheric.
      >
      > Because recognition of a primary science of the Etheric is what
      we
      > (all humanity) needs (as it's key) to move forward within
      > Anthroposophy.
      >
      > But you're lacking in details.
      >
      > Perhaps tomorrow, I'll write out something.

      I have always had the abilty to give details. In respect of Paul
      Coroze, I offer the following:

      THE TRINITY OF ORGANIC LIFE

      The concept of the Trinity remains as one of the mysteries of life
      today. In fact, the mystery surrounding the Trinity has become ever
      more obscure as man has become an ever more intelligent being. This
      paradoxical statement is made with the knowledge that the certain
      truth of the nature and function of the Trinity was at one time
      completely understood. It was known in an experiential way by the
      man of that time, who, possessed of the direct perceptive capability
      that existed prior to the replacement of perception with the power
      of perspective, could effectively be inaugurated into his thinking
      life by the circumstances that existed at the mid-point of the
      earth's evolution two thousand years ago. For what has actually
      occurred over these last two thousand years of man's active
      involvement in the developmental evolution of the organism of
      thought is the progressive loss of the knowledge of the three
      members that constitute the Trinity.

      The Trinity can be comprehended again by indicating its nature in
      the three fundamental interpretations that constitute its theistic,
      non-theistic, and organic expressions. The religious expression of
      the Trinity as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, is certainly its most
      popular and well known designation. Less well known, yet certainly
      more common in terms of our everyday experience, is its metaphysical
      expression as cause, effect, and result, or the active, passive, and
      neutral forces. Least understood of the three representations, but
      central, is the expression of the Trinity as it permeates the
      organic life of man; for it is in the presentation of the three
      members in their organic expression that we find 'that' which
      comprises the essential constitution of man, as soul-spiritual
      organism, physical organism, and thought organism.

      It is from the standpoint of the fourth perspective of thought, the
      evolutionary-teleological perspective, that this organic description
      of the Trinity arises. This is made possible because it is the
      desire of the Christ Who is now present in the etheric body of man
      to impart the knowledge of man's true significance as the final
      cause of creation, to man himself, in order that this fact may be a
      cognitively perceived reality. By describing man as a being
      constituted by soul-spiritual, physical, and thought elements having
      an active and living reality in our materialistic life as it is
      lived today, we can begin to grasp the insights that are available
      with this perspective of thought.

      This idea of the Trinity as an organic reality is so little
      understood today because it is, for the first time, now possible for
      its expression to be made in just such a way; a way that is
      facilitated in its entirety by the evolutionary-teleological
      perspective of thought. Man is an evolutionary being by virtue of
      those complex forms that comprise life itself. By the working of
      forces of soul and spirit, he attains that earthly physical
      membership required as the basis for the creation of thought itself.
      Man is the being of divine spiritual origin who has been
      commissioned to develop thinking as an organic function of life. In
      order for this to occur, it becomes necessary for man to take
      existence in a form that is appropriate to this development - a
      physical body capable of residing on earth. For the earth was
      created for this purpose by being designated as an objective realm,
      and thinking can only evolve in objectivity.

      When man incorporated the physical-organic form of the human
      archetypal ideal as represented by his soul-spiritual member, this
      indicated his sufficient preparation to receive the stimulus of
      objective presentations to the material senses contained within his
      physical body, thus activating the processes of thought. These
      processes are comprised of the two functions of ratiocination and
      logic, which have their respective housings in the right and left
      hemispheres of the physical brain. It is man's creative agency to
      progressively develop the form nature of thought until it becomes a
      complete and living organism. He accomplishes this developmental
      task in four successive stages, of varying duration, in which the
      function of perspective is utilized as the basic stimulus that sets
      in motion the faculty of reasoning so comprised of these rational
      and logical processes. The stages of thought formation are contained
      in the four corresponding periods that constitute the historical and
      cultural developments of man, thus providing the contextual basis
      for such an evolution.

      The forms of man's reasoning also proceed in accordance with this
      fourfold development, and are characteristic of the specific
      emphasis of the historical period. Thus, we can see that reasoning
      has gone through the three phases of deduction, induction, and
      reduction in the three prior stages that respectively comprise the
      spiritual-material, mechanistic-materialistic, and scientific-
      technological perspectives. Historically, we can see these
      perspectives and their attending forms of reasoning as being
      contained in the three cultural periods respectively comprised of
      the Greeks from 600 B.C. to 200 A.D., the Romans from 300 to 1300,
      and the Europeans from 1400 to 1900 A.D. These three historical
      periods have taken man up to the present time, thus effectively
      constituting three-fourths of the developmental evolution of the
      organism of thought. Beginning in the twentieth century, the
      evolutionary-teleological perspective will proceed to synthesize
      these three perspectives in a higher form that will serve to give
      the clear cognition that is indicative of true understanding. For
      when this fourth perspective is realized in terms of the knowledge
      of evolution and its teleological significance, then this living
      organism called thought will serve to usher in that objective
      consciousness required for awareness through cognition.

      To understand the evolutionary progression of the Trinity in its
      organic forms, it is necessary to indicate the nature and function
      of the elemental forces and beings that constitute each of its three
      members as regards their fundamental expressions and intent.
      Beginning with the evolution of the physical organism, this
      development was conducted by beings of an entirely soul-spiritual
      nature who, possessed of the creative potencies of air, water,
      earth, and fire elements, sought to shape the form of the physical
      being of man out of the archetypal ideal that stood as a kind of
      design map for these beings in their shaping construction. These
      creative beings were, in themselves, constituted of the pure etheric
      substance that was created into being when the First Causal
      Principle of Ideation extended itself, thus establishing a second
      principle as its object.

      By virtue of its creation, this Second Principle became the
      Receptacle of the Ideas previously existing only in the First Causal
      Principle, and thus served to contain them and their manifest
      destiny. It became the task of these pure etheric beings, based on
      their intimate association with the Archetypes and Essences that
      comprise the original ideas now contained within the domain of this
      Second Objective Principle, to commence to germinate, develop, and
      present these ideas in a material manifestation. This work reached
      its highest zenith, and culmination, with the progressive and
      embryonic development of man toward a physical incarnation. Thus, we
      can see that with the use of the mechanism of the embryo it became
      of the highest importance for these beings to create the perfect
      representation of the human archetypal ideal. By progressive and
      synthetical stages of incorporation, the creative elemental forces
      were introduced into this human embryo in order to give it life and
      shape its ultimate form as an image of divine intent and purpose as
      a physical being on earth.

      Once sufficiently developed in synthetical complexity based on the
      work of the first three of these elemental forces - the forces of
      air, water, and earth, it became possible to effect an actual
      manifestation of the created human embryonic system, as a physical
      organism, through the coalescing and crystallizing power of the fire
      element. This is made possible because the elementary nature of fire
      contains the very etheric substance that constitutes the power of
      these creative etheric beings themselves. Thus, man is
      literally `fired out of a kiln' in taking his definite form, fit,
      and function in organic life.

      Mankind, in its physical-organic life on earth is conscribed as an
      active agent of evolutionary advancement in its own right. It
      becomes the creative being replacing those spiritual beings
      responsible for the development of the physical organism, and now
      takes agency for the creation of its own thought organism. This it
      must create out of its own being as a function of its life
      experience. For just as those creative beings that served the design
      and construction of man were imbued with the knowledge of its
      archetypal model, so it is that man must create the forms that
      constitute thought out of its own model, and its own construction.
      In order to accomplish this task, man is given creative authority in
      terms of the elemental forces and their specific expression in the
      human psychophysical system. These become effectively translated
      into their chemical equivalents of oxygen, hydrogen, carbon, and
      nitrogen within the biochemistry of the human being, and serve to
      animate the physical form. Along with these, man is given the
      archetype for thinking in the form of the physical brain and its
      processing devices.

      When mankind first appeared in physical form, its etheric body
      governed predominately over its physical constitution, and this
      enabled it to live in an entirely experiential way based on the
      direct and sentiently-oriented perception constituted within this
      etheric body. The brain and its thought processes lay dormant and
      unused within the still recessive physical system. It was necessary
      for a mechanism to come into being that would serve to actuate this
      dormant condition, and so allow the developmental evolution of the
      organism of thought to proceed. This mechanism, that of perspective,
      in turn needed a stimulus-condition that would serve to establish
      the basis for its arousal. This became possible more and more as the
      earth proceeded toward the period of its middle age. For as the
      earth descended to this mid-point, so also did the etheric body of
      man begin to contract and reduce itself in size relative to its
      physical body. This contracting effect caused the direct and
      sentient, non-thinking perception of man to also be reduced in terms
      of its existence as a faculty, and eventually caused it to be
      replaced by the power of perspective, which became the basis for the
      activation of thought and the subsequent development of its forms of
      reasoning. From this perspective-based posture, as conducted through
      the periods of historical and cultural time over the past twenty-
      five hundred years, man has reached the point of transition that
      signifies the movement toward completion of this organism, and
      represented by the providence for self-creation.

      Mankind has demonstrated by its progressive steps over the last one
      hundred years that it possesses both the power of force contained
      within the physical organism as well as an acute degree of mental
      acumen associated with a mature level of thought power. Yet, we
      stands today at a critical crossroads to our future advancement, and
      the advancement of the earth's evolution; for contained within the
      physical and mental powers of the cultured man of today is a seed of
      destructive force that owes its generative existence to the very
      fruit of these organic developments, both physical and mental.
      Mankind currently resides at the pinnacle of the scientific-
      technological age, and has achieved everything possible within the
      framework of this perspective. To go further and continue to
      implode, explode, and otherwise to encroach upon matter and its
      forces will only serve these negative trends toward destruction and
      its influences.

      This is said in order to give further impetus to the need for the
      rightful completion of this thought organism of man by way of the
      active development of the fourth and final perspective, that of
      evolution and its teleology, in our time. For contained within the
      mature and crystalline organ of thought is also to be found a seed,
      a seed of regeneration through the transmutation of force. This seed
      will be fired into activity at the time when the power of adductive
      reasoning, that reasoning that serves the fourth perspective, takes
      its place alongside the three existing powers of deductive,
      inductive, and reductive reasoning.

      Thus it is that with the crystallization of thought in the knowledge
      of spiritual evolution and man's purposeful role in its eventful and
      inevitable outcome lies the completion of the physical and thinking
      organisms of man, and with this, a certain preparation is made ready
      in these organisms that will allow their respective forces to be
      received by the third member of the Trinity of organic life, the
      soul-spiritual organism of man. This organism is only capable of
      receiving into itself those forces that have been purified of any
      contaminant influence or substance. This requires that the proper
      nature of these forces, both physical and thinking, be etherized in
      terms of their essential contents. This is due to the fact that the
      essential nature of the soul-spiritual organism is that it is
      constituted by astral, or purified moving force, and only an etheric
      force can be properly transmuted into the astral force required by
      this organism.

      In the normal course of everyday life, the soul-spiritual organism
      serves to provide those astral forces required by the etheric body
      of man, in order to vitalize and animate the physical body. This is
      the fundamental purpose of the necessity for sleep in man; for it is
      in the life between sleeping and waking that those spiritual forces
      required for the rejuvenation of the physical body are accumulated
      and moved down to the etheric body. This process occurs everyday in
      the waking and sleeping life of man, and represents the hidden life
      of the soul-spiritual organism. The goal of the spiritual evolution
      of man is to provide something new to this organism; something that
      will enable it to grow and expand itself for the first time. This is
      made possible through the existence of the purified forces of the
      physical organism and the thought organism. In order for the process
      of sending up these forces to occur, it is necessary that they be
      provided with a certain intensity of purpose. This intensity is
      provided with the cognitive awareness, or objective consciousness,
      that stands as the measure of the full completion of the organism of
      thought. The expansion of the soul-spiritual organism in the manner
      described will serve to extend the life of man into infinity, and
      thus establish the fact of man's immortal roots in destiny. This
      fact is represented in the Trinity as it is known today, and will be
      understood in ever greater measure in the future.
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic