1409Soul-Calendar

  • DocStarman@aol.com
    Oct 22, 2000
      THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
      Here’s the 27th week (after Easter) of the Soul-Calendar. The Calendar has
      52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the astral
      or soul events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
      the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces into
      these in the day, and the Moon's position in the constellations is listed for
      each night to sense the lunar forces which work into the astral as well.
      Also, there is a list of saints and other spiritual figures and events
      connected with specific days of the week.
      The mantra in the original German and in English:

      In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:
      Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,
      Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,
      Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim
      In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt
      Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

      In my essence's deeps is a force:
      It excites a premonition-filled yearning
      That I in my self-contemplation find
      As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed
      In Autumn's approach warming lives
      As my Soul's Power-Drive.

      The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
      meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not what's important, but
      experience.
      original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
      English to German.

      This week's mantram:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
      (outer)-consciousness we have in Summer. Two weeks ago this developing
      self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone; last week
      this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in S
      ummer, we carried into our own Wills & this gave backbone to the drives
      of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling; this is the
      solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year. This
      week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in
      our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong
      yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful
      force lives in the soul's drives which we must sense as a seed of future
      development as we press on into the Autumn.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
      Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
      indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
      and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
      birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the first
      ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
      contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
      connections.)

      Sunday October 22nd. Moon Leo. 1811 Franz Liszt born.
      Monday October 23rd. Moon Leo. Ignatius.
      Tuesday October 24th. Moon Virgo. Raphael (the Archangel).
      Wednesday October 25th. Moon Virgo. 1806 Max Stirner born.
      Thursday October 26th. Moon Libra. Thaddeus (found in Matthew's Gospel).
      Friday October 27th. Moon Libra. New Moon. Sabina.
      Saturday October 28th. Moon Scorpius. Simeon and Judas (relatives of
      Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

      *******Dr. Starman
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic