  • DocStarman@aol.com
    Oct 8, 2000
      Here’s the 25th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
      52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
      (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
      the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
      cosmos in the day within this, and the Moon's position in the constellations
      each night to sense the lunar forces. There's also a list of saints and other
      spiritual figures and events connected with specific days.
      The mantra in the original German and in English:

      Ich darf nun mir gehören
      Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht
      In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.
      Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,
      Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen
      Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten
      In kalte Winterfluten.

      I'm allowed only to myself to belong
      And luminously spread Inner Light
      Into Space- and Time-darkness.
      As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,
      The Souls's Deeps shall awaken
      And waking, carry the Sun's Glow
      Into the cold Winter-flowing.

      (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
      The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
      meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
      English to German.)

      This week's mantram:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self(inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature(outer)-consciousness
      we have in summer. Last week, there was an intense becoming aware of self
      which reached down into the darkest soul-contents, and through this the Will
      was unleashed. This week this developing self-consciousness places us in a
      state where it is necessary to be completely alone, so that the Light which
      is only within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is the
      solar essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from
      September 8th to October 12th in our era, and comes under the influence of
      Libra from Oclober 13th on. (The symbolic images done from Steiner's sketches
      & indications of Virgo and Libra accompany this post as attachments.) The
      Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along
      with the birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the
      first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
      for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar

      Sunday October 8th. Moon Capricornus. Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502
      Founding of the University of Wittenberg.
      Monday October 9th. Moon Aquarius. Dionysius (he who conducted the
      counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method
      for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).
      Tuesday October 10th. Moon Aquarius. Gideon.
      Wednesday October 11th. Moon Pisces. 1531 Zwingli died.
      Thursday October 12th. Moon Pisces. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of
      Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).
      Friday October 13th. Moon Aries. Full Moon. Angelus.
      Saturday October 14th. Moon Aries. Callistus.

      *******Dr. Starman
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic