13827Re: Your fully loaded Midsummer Mystery by bradford

  • nadmateescu
    Aug 4, 2007
      One month ago, Holderlin brought the subject of the Midsummer
      experience in a fully loaded mystery anchored in ancient roots of the
      great epochs of humanity. Now, he was there, in the platonic school
      among with his friend, quarreling in the Italian Renaissance period,
      and I am pretty sure that he knows what he is talking about.

      "I said to Her: "I see your face,
      But I yearn for all of you.
      What You have not held back from the boy,
      That -- the young man also wants!"

      "To Egypt go!" -- a voice within proclaimed.
      First to Paris! -- Steampower carried me further south.
      Feeling did not fight with mind at all:
      Mind was silent, like a fool."

      "Deep in Earth's heart lies the flower, the source of the Spirit that
      binds all in its form. The Flower of Life is as thine own place of
      Spirit and streams through the Earth as thy flows through thy form"
      From the Emerald Tablets

      "The story of the adduction of Persephone is best told in the Hymn to
      Demeter. The story begins in the middle, i.e., Persephone is kidnapped
      as part of a secret agreement between Zeus and Hades. Although Demeter
      is one of the six Olympians and brother to Zeus and Hades, she was not
      told of the fate of her beloved daughter until it was (almost) too late.

      While at play with the beautiful daughters of Okeanos (Ocean),
      Persephone was picking flowers... but these weren't earthly flowers...
      these flowers were the work of Zeus and put there for "a girl with a
      flower's beauty". The flowers were there to guide Persephone to The
      Trap. A beautiful, divine trap... the trigger for the trap was an
      irresistible flower with one hundred stems of fragrant blossoms. When
      Persephone reached out with both hands to pluck the flower the earth
      opened at her feet. Hades roared forth in his golden chariot and
      seized her before the alarm could be raised."

      Tha Black Madonna mystery and the Raphael's Madonna mystery. Well, it
      seems that Holderlin knows his stuff. He points as well the tree, the
      Yggdrassil Norse legend.

      http://garyosborn.moonfruit.com/revelations2

      It's a good site that I've found yesterday, but I think that the
      author can't grasp the full Midsummer Mystery.

      http://garyosborn.moonfruit.com/revelations2

      I bet on it, as I bet on that in the beautifull painting of St Jerome
      that he found, the whole Earth life is there.
      "Who is wearing the red stole?"

      P.S. Sorry for my English as allways...

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66" <holderlin66@...>
      wrote:

      > The weekend closest to the "real" midsummer day is when the Swedes hold
      > their big summer festival, vaguely descended from a pagan summer
      > solstice festival.
      > [http://www.sweden.se/upload/Sweden_se/english/Events/midsommar.jpg%5d
      > Photo: Fredrik Sweger / Lou B. / www.imagebank.sweden.se
      > <http://www.imagebank.sweden.se/>
      >
      > This feast is celebrated in the heart of the Nature, and on the days
      > before Midsummer the Swedes leave towns and cities for country cottages,
      > camping sites and marinas.
      >

      > The oldest custom at Midsummer is, as in other parts of Europe, the
      > lighting of a great bonfire, but in these latitudes the lightest night
      > of the year was not the right time for dancing around a fire. So the
      > bonfires were replaced by another early summer tradition;
      >

      > [Painting by Krøyer called "Midsummer Night's Bonfire"]
      >
      > P.S. Krøyer: Skt. Hansbål på Skagen Strand, 1906
      > P.S. Krøyer: Midsummer Night's Bonfire at Skagen Strand, 1906
      >

      > In Ancient Egypt, summer solstice was the most important day of the
      > year. The sun was at its highest and the Nile River was beginning to
      > rise. Inundation of the Nile
      > <http://www.crystalinks.com/inundation.html>
      > Special ceremonies were held to honor the Goddess Isis.
      > <http://www.crystalinks.com/isis.html> Egyptians believed that Isis was
      > mourning for her dead husband, Osiris,
      > <http://www.crystalinks.com/osiris.html> and that her tears made the
      > Nile rise and well over.
      > Accurately predicting the floods was of such vital importance that the
      > appearance of Sirius, which occurs around the time of the summer
      > solstice, was recognized as the beginning of the Egyptian New Year.
      > In ancient Egyptian mythology, the solar deity Horus
      > <http://www.crystalinks.com/horus.html> defeated his uncle, Set, the
      > Egyptian Lord of darkness and evil at this time of the year. This is
      > linked with rebirth and resurrection. With this victory, divine order
      > and fertility were restored in Egypt and it was thought that this event
      > allowed the Nile floods to come, bringing life back to the Nile valley.
      > It was the hope of every Pharaoh of Egypt that upon his death he would
      > travel safely through the Duat, the Egyptian afterworld, and "come into
      > the light of day" in the kingdom of Ra, the Sun god, and join with that
      > great god in his solar boat to become one of the imperishable stars. Ra
      > is one of the gods honored at the time of the Summer Solstice along with
      > Horus."

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic