1373Soul-Calendar

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Sep 23, 2000
      THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
      Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 23rd week after Easter. The Calendar's
      52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
      occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
      and in English.

      Es dämpfet herbstlich sich
      Der Sinne Reizesstreben;
      In Lichtesoffenbarung mischen
      Der Nebel dumpfe Schleier sich.
      Ich selber schau in Raumesweiten
      Des Herbstes Winterschlaf.
      Der Sommer hat an mich
      Sich selber hingegeben.

      There is muffled Autumnally
      The Senses' streaming Charms;
      In Light-Revealings is mingled
      The Fog's musty Veil.
      I myself see in Space-Widenesses
      The Autumn's Winter-Sleep.
      The Summer has to me
      Its own self given over.

      Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
      "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
      'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
      at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
      entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. These mantras
      were also, of course, created in the German language and have their rhythms
      in it, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original.
      Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by other languages, and
      could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE language in which
      spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve tried to keep
      close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from English to German.

      This week's mantram:
      Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and
      Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within releasing the fruit of its
      working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self. This is because, at the time
      of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the external
      world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a
      summer dream-state. Our Nature-Consciousness strives to become inner Self
      Consciousness, but at first we may feel fear due to no longer being able to
      lean on outer things for consciousness, which is why the symbol of the
      warrior archangel is placed before us at Michaelmas, summoning us to have
      courage, for we are not going to die as our summer nature-consciousness
      wanes, but rather wake up. This week's verse is the first appearance of
      Autumn dulling the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been gained
      from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      In addition to the mantrams, the Soul-Calendar originally contained 12
      drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
      forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
      constellations was given for each night to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
      according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from September 8th
      to October 12th in our era. (The symbolic image for Virgo is attached to this
      post.) The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along
      with some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
      ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
      contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to
      its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday September 24th. Moon Leo. 1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner born.
      Monday September 25th. Moon Leo. Cleophas (he who was a leader in the
      Gospels).
      Tuesday September 26th. Moon Virgo. Justina, who converted the Cyprian
      Magicians.
      Justinianus I, the founder of numerous Churches.
      Wednesday September 27th. Moon Virgo. New Moon. Cosmas u. Damian, famous
      medical
      benefactor of the 3rd Century. 1825 Opening of the first railway.
      Thursday September 28th. Moon Virgo. 1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.
      Friday September 29th. Moon Libra. Michael (the Archangel).
      Saturday September 30th. Moon Libra. Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church
      teacher.

      *******Dr. Starman

      Happy Michaelmas to all!
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic