1313Soul-Calendar

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Aug 28 8:17 AM
      THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
      Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 19th week after Easter. The Calendar's
      52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
      occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
      and in English.

      Geheimnisvoll das Neu-Empfang'ne
      Mit der Erinnerung zu umschliessen,
      Sie meines Strebens weitrer Sinn:
      Es soll starkend Eigenkräfte
      In meinem Innern wecken
      Und werdend mich mir selber geben.

      Mysteriously the newly-received
      Within the Memory to enclose,
      Be my Striving's wider Sense:
      It will strongly Self-forces
      In my Inner being awaken,
      And evolving me, give me my self.

      Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
      "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
      'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
      at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
      entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
      have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
      using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
      other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
      THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
      I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
      English to German.

      This week's verse:
      The 'newly-received' refers to what has been received since the start of
      summer within. This week, one's striving is to take this and enclose it
      within the memory, lay it to rest there to work from there from now on. This
      'seed' planted there of experience remembered will grow in the future to
      become the basis of a new self-feeling, as we work with it to grow into being
      a wholly new person.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
      originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
      the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
      position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
      forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Leo from
      Aug. 4th to Sept. 7th in our era. (Unfortunately the symbolic image of Leo
      executed from sketches & indictations by the Doctor cannot be sent with this
      post due to technical problems.) The Moon positions and phases are listed
      below for each night, along with some of the birth & death days of famous
      persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and
      contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
      translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
      spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday August 27th Moon Leo. 1770 Hegel born.
      Monday August 28th Moon Leo. Augustine, the famous Church leader died 430.
      1749 Goethe born.
      Tuesday August 29th Moon Leo. New Moon. Beheading of John the Baptist.
      Wednesday August 30th Moon Virgo. 1856 John Ross, the discoverer of the
      magnetic North Pole died.
      Thursday August 31st Moon Virgo. Joshua, the successor to Moses. 1821 the
      Natural Scientist Helmholtz born.
      Friday Sept. 1st Moon Libra. Firminus.
      Saturday Sept 2nd Moon Libra. Absalom.

      *******Dr. Starman