13101Re: More Misunderstandings

  • isenhart7
    May 7, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Mark Willan <mwillan@...> wrote:

      > Acknowledging another person (= literally foreign in German) may
      > will something other than you do yourself.
      >
      > IHTH

      Thank you for the clarification. When I read your translation I thought
      of all the areas where I hear this thought echoed in modern culture-in
      philosophy, in the social sciences, in economic theory, and of course,
      in popular films and music. Underlying this "fundamental maxim" seems
      to me to be the premise, as Karen has eluded to, that what is life
      affirming is good and what is life destroying is not so good. Seems to
      me, anyway.-Val
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic