13048Re: The return

  • carol
    Apr 30, 2007

      Actually, I don't particularly like the word `poor' especially in these times and on this side of the planet.  Imagine,  I read that when Steiner was in University,  he lived with his family in a 2 room apartment,  that's himself, a couple of siblings and parents.

      Apparently he was an extremely sensitive man, having had a childhood of freely roaming around in wooded areas with magnificent rolling green hills around him to constantly raise his eyes towards.  There's a lot of Quebecers from my generation who come from rural areas and had similar childhood experiences.  Back in those days,  parents always sent their kids outside,  even the ones under 5 years old,  with the older ones to care for the younger ones, in the frigid cold as wellÂ…

      I don't like thinking of money either.  Luckily, summer's coming,  and there will be much to distract me from paying any attention to it.

      I hope to see a lot of bees and fireflies.  The fireflies are a favorite of mine though they seem to prefer the warm nights of late June.  They are so beautiful at night with a great starry backdrop.  I'll be especially looking out for the bees this summerÂ…

        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "chanting_om" <blue_star_in@...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66"
      > holderlin66@ wrote:
      > >
      > > http://www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com/node/1387
      >
      > I was reasonably sane before I joined anthroposophy.. I thought so
      > at any rate, a few extrodinary experiences and oddly eccentric but I
      > have gone way beyond that now..
      >
      > Who are these people anyway? There's 300 odd supposedly on the list
      > and besides a few gregarious souls no one says a word..
      >
      > Hmmm.. I am on a time lapse.. I don't know why. It irritates me and
      > totally puts me off my story but I suppose I can live with it.
      > Everything else in my life is instant gratification. 60 seconds to
      > heat the water in the micro for instant coffee, 5 minutes up to the
      > canteen for my daily ingestion of chinese vegetables.
      >
      > So if two or three days has to pass and even if it never gets into
      > the mailbox - so what...
      >
      > Oh here's something I wrote earlier.
      > I was thinking about how poor I am.. when you live your life out on
      > the fringe invariably owing more than you own.. faith and trust
      > probably play a much bigger role than in the lives of the property
      > owners.
      >
      > I've never owned a property, I was offered one once.. a beautiful
      > one, with four houses on it. a swimming pool, pub, libraries etc
      > etc.. but I didn't want it. Oh there were reasons but they are all
      > too complicated to go into here ...
      >
      > Already I have forgotton. Oh yes.. I suddenly realised today how
      > poor I was and all the time I had been feeling so rich ! Here I am
      > living in this beautiful environment with everything I need, and
      > this lovely spacious furnished apartment.. but I really only have a
      > couple hundred dollars at any moment at this time..
      >
      > When you get down to it and you strip everything else away thats
      > basically all thats left.. faith and trust.. I like to get right
      > down to the bones of them. Maybe I won't make any plans and come
      > August I'll just have a few yuan to get me to the next location and
      > job.
      > Everything I own, besides a laptop and a metal blue box in the
      > middle east with my official "who are you" documents, I can fit into
      > a pair of medium sized suitcases- and that is too much to travel
      > with.
      >
      > I've probably been poorer many times like when what I have owed on
      > my credit card was more than the bailiffs could have got by selling
      > my household contents or car.
      >
      > Its not that I don't care about the present state of global affairs
      > I have just read so much over the past seven years and of course the
      > truth about industry and the banks I have known since I was about
      > ten years of age. (My dad comes from the same part of the universe
      > as I do..)
      >
      > Anyway to get back to my present state of mind.. other people don't
      > seem to have problems with their outrageous stories and experiences,
      > the internet is full of them. Perhaps I just feel so far away from
> [...]

    • Show all 63 messages in this topic