12906Re: liquid gold and black gold

    Apr 5, 2007

      Etheric unfoldment and the mind's eye:

      holderlin wrote:

      "That means most of the Michael School fails to sharpen any cognitive
      etheric schooling and develop any grounded sense into what exists as
      the great Spirit Man deed and in point of fact, the implosion of
      Etheric Thinking in the first conscious example of etheric thinking,
      and how Paul arrived at exactly the Spiritual intent of what The
      Philosophy of Freedom and the massive research of the science of the
      etheric and the science of the i am, that exists as Michael Schooling
      is all about."

      Liquid gold and how, as students of spiritual science, we review and educate the reader, how exactly we approach the realm of etheric thinking and what this implies, always has to be re-started because of the failed millions who can't trace reality or history or understand what to look for. So we can make it a tad easier because Spiritual Science is an advanced artistic science. Anyone can approach the ground of Liquid Gold or Etheric Thinking except for the fact that, even if you lay the bread crumbs, once again, in a row, so that you can build up the picture that leads to our studies of The Foundation Stone and thinking as "the mind's eye" directed toward the pineal gland and Steiner's simple and earth shattering clarity that, the brain is the organ for the perception of thought, we can obviously lift out of the dead history file, the Eye of Horus. But that would confuse the reader, who remains disabled and too weak to piece together the overwhelming facts anyways.

      So, for the immense learning impaired and those who are newbies in approaching Spiritual Science let us once again recount what we mean by Etheric Thinking.

      ---  ``Goethean observation of the leaf sequences of plants demonstrates one way in which we can come to understand plant development.

      "To make a leaf sequence we simply lay each leaf out in the temporal sequence in which it was formed, from the oldest, most basal leaves to the newest most apical leaves. Careful inspection reveals that all the leaves which have come off the central stem are dramatically different in shape and size. Then, as our eyes move from leaf to leaf, we realise that there is no one representative leaf. Rather, there is a fluid spectrum of shapes which appear to morph into one another, flowing in sequence through time. There is a wholeness in this sequence of discrete parts and a subtle necessity to the order of the forms. This oneness of a 'multiplicity of forms' would be disturbed if we were to change the order. ( You can try this by shuffling the leaves around into a different sequence. What happens to the flow?).

      "In our minds, we can fill the gaps between each leaf shape with our imagination, much like viewing the still frames of a moving picture. This metamorphosis is a process which is otherwise invisible to our eyes; we normally see a plant as it stands frozen in one moment in time. We can however, begin to experience the dramatic movements of plant growth by entering into our imaginations. Goethe called this way of seeing 'exact sensorial fantasy'; it is the active process of merging ourselves with the phenomenon. This experience reveals a unique 'gesture', a movement characteristic of the plant, telling us 'who' it is as it dances its way into being. Goethe's science seeks this gesture of organisms, and it is this quality which gives us a means to understand the 'inner necessity' of the growing plant."

      Bradford continues;

      Now lets add some missing pieces to a gigantic puzzle that entails The Foundation Stone of new Etheric Sciences. Firstly when Schiller accused Goethe that he was merely talking about some abstract idea in his URPflanze, Goethe responded precisely, and please note this key, this is the key, the key to everything, Goethe responded that he actually could see it in his mind's eye, literally it unfolded, or Goethe, for our studies, had the etheric forces, the excess etheric forces from his own past lives, that he could literally unfold the plant and see it, in what we have become accustomed to gawking at as Time Lapse photography... setting the camera on extremely slow-mo and watching something day in and day out for months and recording it's every second..... Goethe had the Liquid Gold, the etheric strength to play and SEE, these living forces through his self-directed science observations, inwardly.

      If you get nothing else in life, go back to the source of exactly why Steiner placed great weight on Germany and Goethe. For suddenly we are weaving in and out of sporatic capacities in our artists and thinkers, and us of course, that have the first opening little buds of etheric thinking going on in us. But let me step back so that you can see the whole thrilling picture of how the seed of Etheric thinking, that grows into heavenly sight was grown.

      Now this takes us back to the implosion of Light in Saul as the Etheric Christ Being found in Saul a potent kernel of concentrated etheric thought potential, some ability with Greek thought, ancient mystery initiation partnerships with Egypt and with Zarathustra, and The Etheric Christ, the Master of Liquid Gold, found a seed force in Saul that burst into Etheric life.  We need to begin thinking about this in a totally new way, not just rumaging in Jesuit mothballs and mummifying Paul or Goethe and Steiner for that matter.

      But here we stumble around in dry as dust history references and fail once again the goal of Spiritual Science itself. It wasn't that Paul had an idea...Paul's etheric lamp ignited and became lit. Paul suddenly sawin the full metamorphosis of the plants the unfolding "Stairway to Heaven" that he clearly saw in his developed, Eye of Horus, mind's eye and, even back then, Paul built the first rudiments of The Foundation Stone edifice and the etheric thinking roots with his pal and student Dionysos the Areopagite. But here again we must pause and fill in for the newbie, that the upward author of Liquid Gold that penetrated and illuminated the interior field of Saul's brain... awoke the early Jack and the Bean Stalk etheric forces....Now that is key to our understanding. In order to make it simple and clear to the reader, that the little seeds, the Jack and the bean stalk seeds that rise with untold strength right up into the heavens, is, reduced for the simplicity of the reader, the full force of the etheric thinking seed that shot up in Paul's head where he could see, but hardly express the interconnected tree, the tree of Yggdrasill...but that is way, way to complex a word for the simple reader, Yggdrasill...better we stick to something you can handle, Jack and the Bean Stalk.

      Ita Wegaman: An essay of outstanding Michael Letter import

      http://www.rsarchive.org/RelAuthors/WegmanIta/On_work_of_Michael.php

      "We have in an Indian document the earthly reflection, the mirrored picture of that great battle in Heaven which Michael fought with his adversaries. This document is the Bhagavad-Gita, and it forms the subject of two lecture-courses delivered by Rudolf Steiner. This battle in Heaven is the mythological representation of an event which actually took place. Rudolf Steiner explains the existence of those starry fragments known to modern astronomy as the planetoids revolving within the sphere of Mars, by saying that they are the cosmic witnesses of this mighty combat. They are in very truth connected with that battle between the heavenly hosts which was known to the ancients by the most diverse names, and the medieval designations of which are bound up with a tradition attributed to Dionysos the Areopagite."

      Bradford continues;

      Now indeed India and the Bhagavad-Gita, the SS and Himmler, who was convinced, and there is a general historical Discovery series program on Himmler, that describes his relation to the Bhagavad-Gita, exactly the way we have discussed it through this entire year in the related studies of The Foundation Stone. Himmler was convinced that he was the reincarnation of Heinrich the Fowler, founder of the Saxon royal house, who died in 936. All these elements were incorporated into his SS 'religion'. But of course the mighty Indian Science doctrine of the Bhagavad-Gita and Steiner's epistles of Paul...excuse me, and the making of the universe, in the foundational and shattering work, Occult Science an Outline, revealed someone who not only had Jack and the beanstalk etheric vitality, but had grown the seed and could metamorphose Man from seed germ to current and present history, circa, dawn of the 20th century.

      Etheric vitality, Initiation Science and Liquid Gold that is the mighty Oils of the human soul, that also light the lamps of the so called Virgins who keep their lamps lit. Perhaps you can think that one through without any help. However, the history of Liquid Gold, mighty etheric sun forces that germinate thinking upward, first appeared in a public, world historical and respected soul, Paul and  Goethe. Goethe had earned his right to be a world citizen, but in reality, Steiner saw that the living seed germ of etheric thinking lived in the capacities and science of Goethe the artist and that all future arts/science and thinkers, would come to this cross roads where the living Etheric Forces of the Etheric Christ would start bursting through the intellectual shell.  We still stand frozen now, in 2007 with this same problem.

      Now just to keep tabs, we know that Oppenheimer as well faced the Bhagavad-Gita. Himmler justified his failed theories and Oppenheimer justified his failed theories on the basis of Krishna and Krishna's understanding of World Karma. But Steiner had the ability to metamorphose and track individual karma and individual I am seeds. the way Goethe could see and unfold plants in his mind's eye.

      Here we are again, way in over the heads of the simple minded, because here in Steiner, we have someone who not only could track the origin and anfang or beginning of the earliest i am, and track it right down through history...so that tracking i am's and finding the individual tone of some unique i am, was part of the stunning etheric thinking force of Rudolf and his mighty Bean-stalk. Again, it might be nearly safe to understand how the War in Heaven and those who threw down the Spirits of Darkness out of Heaven, had to do with Jack and The Beanstalk and the Giants heart we have been discussing through the year here as well. (I mean if you claim to be a student of spiritual science you can go back and review these previous postings from all of us here at Outpast Anthroposophia!!!!)

      So, now we have Goethean Sciences, and I have had the wonderful experience of meeting and learning from dozens of new Goethean Sciences fellows, working out of the New Univeristy of Etheric Sciences. These are the sciences that should have said clearly that Oppenheimer and the atomic science groups merely put togeher a mental construct of Jesus and Paul's implosion into light, but with no attached physical and moral, etheric, astral and I AM to discern and direct the light...it was merely an unconsecrated, indiscriminate Ahrimanic toy that served to bring humanity to the edge of the intellect and halted it, like a deer in the headlights, unable to move to the dawning of The true Etheric Christ experience. This is what should have been argued.

      Then of course we find that Elizabeth Boggs who created a model, altered Dodecahedron form for the implosion device of one of the bombs, experienced a massive catharsis in her soul, through her child David...and turned in part, to Camphill and Rudolf Steiner. Not that Anthros have ever elaborated this tale and it certainly isn't because Anthros are lazy, they just must have been busy with other things. But Anthros, god love em' we sit on a mountain of profound interconnected insights and the soul life and education of Anthros seems to slowly become more and more diluted as time goes on. Dennis Klocek and a whole host of Anthros including the above and rich, summation essay of Ita Wegman's before the first string Michael School students passed away and left us kids to attempt to sort out Michael School phase two, and all those and more listed below, will give you some of the keys to what we mean by Etheric Thinking - Liquid Gold instead of black gold.

      The Realm of Plants

      About Formative Forces in the Plant World

      Dick van Romunde

      Original Drawings by Elly van Hardeveld

      Translated by James Lee and Jannebeth Röell

      Hardbound, Dust Jacketed, Beautifully illustrated on semi-gloss paper

      $28.00

      This is one of the most unusual and beautiful books we have ever carried -- one of those rare books that is so filled with wonderful things to discover, and so well conceived, and so very, very well printed and bound that just holding it in your hand is enough to convince you that it is a treasure, in fact, something to be treasured for years and generations to come. It's as though what is inside the covers is so powerful and true that it reaches out to you before you lay eyes on the first words.

      Dick van Romunde was a Waldorf science teacher who felt that part of his task on earth was to show his readers the natural world, seen through eyes trained by Goethe and Steiner. And what a warm and fascinating journey he takes us on! Plant by plant, we look with him and listen as he tells us what he has found to be most significant, most at the heart of that form of life. It's as though we were invited on a field trip with a naturalist who is as wise as he is learned, and who just loves to share what he knows.

      This is a book that is lavishly illustrated -- in general, you'll find tasteful, elegant color drawings on every other page; yet, it is the text that keeps pulling my eyes away from the truly beautiful drawings. Yes, I know. I can hardly believe it either; in fact, I can't think of another instance where something this has happened. But van Romunde's insights and observations are so very engaging that I simply can't take my eyes off them, even when I want to.

      This is a book to cherish and return to over and over.

      And by the way, the translation is as elegant as van Romunde's work deserves -- clear, clean English that flows like a river across the author's thoughts.

      Perceiving Plants: Experiencing Elemental Beings
      The Influence of Gnomes, Nymphs, Sylphs and Fire Spirits upon the Life of Plants

      Dick van Romunde

      Translated by James Lee and Jannebeth Röell

      Softbound

      $12.95

      Perceiving Plants - Experiencing Elemental Beings

      Perceiving Plants was originally written as an introduction to Rudolf Steiner's Man as Symphony of the Creative Word (newly titled in English as Harmony of the Creative Word). From there, van Romunde expanded it and the result is this amazing little book in which the author teaches us how to become sensitive to the nature beings that sustain and effect plant life.

      Whether you begin next to a favorite potted plant or out in a beautiful meadow, you'll find van Romunde teaching you things that will forever change the way you look at the natural world -- and will probably forever change your life. For, once we become truly awake to the helpful nature spirits, it is very difficult to go on as though they didn't exist, as if what we did really didn't matter.

      Perceiving Plants offers us a uniquely joyous awakening to both the nature spirits and our own responsibility. A lovesong to both plants and the beings who create within them.

      The Living World of the Plants
      A Book for Children and Students of Nature

      Dr. Gerbert Grohmann

      Softbound

      $16.00

      Finding the Path - Themes and Methods for the Teaching of Mathematics in a Waldorf School

      This book can be thought of as a distillation of Grohmann's extensive two-volume study, The Plant (below). Here, the material is presented in a way that will engage both younger students and the adults who teach them. I find that in many ways, The Living World of Plants, is much more powerful in its capacity to evoke awe at the truly amazing world of plants than his more detailed presentation in The Plant. If you are not conversant with the plant world, but would like to be, this is the book for you. An excellent source book for teachers of all grade levels, whether in school or at home. Can be useful as a reader for children grades 5 and up.

      New Eyes for Plants
      A Workbook for Observing and Drawing Plants

      Margaret Colquhoun
      and Axel Ewald

      $30.00

      New Eyes for Plants

      This gorgeous book presents one of the finest was to get to know and understand the life of plants and their relationship to the world and to us. Approached with a sensitive artistry, the reader is guided through exercises and examples that unveil the vibrancy of plantlife as they refine one's artistic skills. If you have ever longed to really "see" plants in their fullness, this book will guide your way.

      Big Tree

      Mary & Conrad Buff

      Softbound - charming illustrations throughout

      $12.95

      Big Tree

      What a wonderful way to allow children to discover (and to renew your own discovery!) the vastness of time, the potentials of life and the beauty of creation! This is the story of a Sequoia tree named Wawona which extends from the time before recorded history, when he was a little seed packed tightly in a cone with two hundred others. The story takes us to the recent past when, over three hundred feet tall and having survived magnificently the widely varied attacks of insects, fires, drought and more throughout the twenty-five centuries of his life, Wawona almost falls prey to the greediest and most clever of them all - human beings.

      Wawona's history, his life, forms the main body of the text which is highlighted by insertions that tell of the significant events that were happening across the ocean as Wawona grew and thrived. This juxtaposition offers a wonderful vastness and perspective while it highlights both the exceptional longevity of the Sequoias and the key events of of Western history.

      When children is ready to learn about the life of plants (in Waldorf schools, this is begun in 5th grade), this is the book to hand them. Big Tree will have a treasured place in either the classroom or home - this is a wonderful book!

      Sacred Flora
      World Botany in the Light of Rudolf Steiner's Spiritual Science

      Alan Whitehead

      Softbound

      $18.95

      Sacred Flora - World Botany in the Light of Rudolf Steiner's Spiritual Science

      Alan takes us on a fascinating exploration of the plant world, the spiritual realms within and without, medicinal, nutritional and sacred signatures of flora, and much more. Along the way, he delves into the mysteries of death and enlightenment, substances therapeutic and delightful, planetary influences upon plants, the distribution of plant species worldwide and gardening.

      Sacred Flora is the sort of book to nibble at and contemplate; or, if you prefer, to dive into and not stop until you emerged drenched in a sparkling new world view. Great as background inspiration for teachers or gardeners. A collection of insight, musing and facts that will have you pondering them over and over again.

      Contents:

      • Sign of Flame, Sign of Smoke: The Pneumical Wedding of Christian Esotericism
      • The Medicine Woman - Sacred Floral Therapy
      • The Medicine Land - Seven Sacred Plant Substances
      • The Medicine Plants - Seven Sacred Spices
      • I Think Speech - I Eat - Five Sacred Floral Foods
      • Fire, Air, Water, Earth - The Cryptic Cryptogamae
      • The World Garden - Seven Planet Plant Influences
      • Annunciation to Ascension - Spectrum Plant Signatures
      • The 4 Elements - A Spiritual & Natural Science Exposition
      • I Had a Good Teacher - Seven Geographic Plant Mansions
      • 12 Days of Community Service - An Esoteric Plant Classification
      • A Botanical Garden? - Every Town Should Have One

      The Book of Herbal Wisdom

      Matthew Wood

      $20.00

      The Book of Herbal Wisdom

      This book is a real find for anyone interested in plants, the nature of healing, or herbal remedies and applications. You will learn more by reading just one chapter of Herbal Wisdom than by reading ten other books on herbs and healing. The Book of Herbal Wisdom offers the reader centuries of indigenous knowledge about healing, integrates these viewpoints both generally and for each plant, and demonstrates in depth how over 40 specific plants act as healing agents. Wood's depth of both knowledge and experience is unparalled and his work is among the most important of our day. Recommended without reservation!

      The Metamorphosis of Plants

      Johann Wolfgang v. Goethe

      Translation revised by Anne E. Marshall and Heinz Grotzke from the British Journal of Botany (1863)

      Softbound

      $5.95

      The Metamorphosis of Plants - Goethe

      In a way, this little book is responsible for giving modern agriculture, botany, biology - science in general - a method of observation and understanding which includes living relationships of phenomena.

      If you are looking for a way to get to know the plant world more intimately, you couldn't begin with a better guide. Goethe's presentation is really a collection of short observations, insights, thoughts - collected as he observed various aspects of plant life. Each one can be used for your own meditation and observation - a doorway to greater understanding. There is a lifetime's exploration here - one which will leave you richer every time you visit it.

      Goethe & Palladio
      Goethe's study of the relationship between art and nature, leading through architecture to the discovery of the metamorphosis of plants

      David Lowe/Simon Sharp

      Softbound

      $15.00

      Goethe & Palladio

      The poet, dramatist, novelist, and scientist, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe had to wait many years before he was able to travel south to Italy, "the land where the lemon trees bloom." He had gained success in several fields, but he had a sense of being trapped and confined and felt a need for light. Italy would give this to him in a number of ways.

      Taking as their basis Goethe's Italian Journey, the authors of this fascinating and unusual study explore how Goethe's experience of Palladio's architecture influenced his view of the relationship between art and nature in general and, in particular, helped him form his understanding of metamorphosis, leading to his discovery of the "archetypal plant."

      In his carefully written account of his travels, Goethe seems to oscillate between experiences of architecture and experiences of nature. In nature, he searched for the "archetypal plant," the essential form whose metamorphosis through time would produce the plant we see in its cycle from seed to fruit. In the art and architecture of antiquity and in Palladio's classical reformulation of it, he tried to understand the purpose and function of artistic creation.

      Until now, no one has put these two together. David Lowe and Simon Sharp show for the first time how these seemingly unrelated subjects are related—how the living geometries and volumes of harmoniously proportioned buildings, the "great idea" of architecture, can lead to the intuition of similar principles in nature.

      David Lowe and Simon Sharp have worked together for twenty-one years. One of their first projects was the recreation of Goethe's Italian Journey. They have given numerous workshops and presentations on the subject in the U.S. and U.K., including The British Museum, the German Embassy, and the Edinburgh Festival.

      This is must-reading for anyone interested in Goethe's ideas on plants and metamorphosis.

      The Plant, Volume 1

      Gerbert Grohmann

      $12.75

      The Plant, Volume 1

      The Plant, in two volumes, is a classic, loving study of the plant world, the fruit of a lifetime of patient and detailed observation of nature. Volume 1 begins with the flowering plant, then turns to the living face of the earth before moving on to consider the threefoldness of the plant and the image of the human being.

      I think you'll enjoy these books - whether or not you garden or farm. I have found that they offer enormous food for thought and gave me a basis for a renewed and expanded appreciation of the miracle of the natural world.

      The Plant, Volume 2

      Gerbert Grohmann

      Softbound

      $12.75

      The Plant, Volume 2

      In The Plant, Volume 2, Grohmann adds further plant descriptions and extends the cosmological viewpoint presented in Volume 1.

      Weeds and What They Tell

      Ehrenfried E. Pfeiffer

      Softbound

      $9.95

      Weeds and What They Tell

      One of the most useful books for gardeners, Weeds and What They Tell has taught me again and again not only what my garden needs, but also how very wise nature herself is.

      Pfeiffer's approach begins with the premise that nature really does know what she is doing, and that weeds grow where they are needed. By learning what each weed is offering to the soil, the discerning gardener or farmer can use organic matter and minerals to effect that same balance. The weed, no longer needed, will soon disappear from the cultivated area.

      The added bonus of this little book is what you can learn about the nature of plantlife and the wonders of the world.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic