12905Re: liquid gold and black gold

  • isenhart7
    Apr 4, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66" <holderlin66@...>
      wrote:

      > " But naturally
      > there are humans who carry the Liquid Gold of compassion and are
      > verging on new etheric thinking. And that is where the mighty set-up
      > for deception arises. It arises against the solid approach in the
      > human being of new etheric thinking. And when you see a film like
      > Vendetta, V for Vendetta, that uses a Rose...that which hides behind
      > the roman numeral V door, the fifth epoch...and V for Vendetta and
      > hidden behind the masked, unknown individual, boiled in oil and
      > purified in a horrific human experiment, with his French Revolution
      > styled uprising, who do you think comes to mind?

      Gilbert and Sullivan came to my mind when I saw it-specifically The
      Mikado:

      Mikado. (looking at paper) Dear, dear, dear! this is very tiresome.
      (to Ko-Ko) My poor fellow, in your anxiety to carry out my wishes you
      have beheaded the heir to the throne of Japan!

      Ko-Ko. I beg to offer an unqualified apology.

      Pooh-Bah. I desire to associate myself with that expression of regret.

      Pitti-Sing. We really hadn't the least notion —

      Mikado. Of course you hadn't. How could you? Come, come, my good
      fellow, don't distress yourself — it was no fault of yours. If a man
      of exalted rank chooses to disguise himself as a Second Trombone, he
      must take the consequences. It really distresses me to see you take
      on so. I've no doubt he thoroughly deserved all he got. (They rise.)

      Ko-Ko. We are infinitely obliged to your Majesty —

      Pitti-Sing. Much obliged, your Majesty.

      Pooh-Bah. Very much obliged, your Majesty.

      Mikado. Obliged? not a bit. Don't mention it. How could you tell?

      Pooh-Bah. No, of course we couldn't tell who the gentleman really was.

      Pitti-Sing. It wasn't written on his forehead, you know.

      Ko-Ko. It might have been on his pocket-handkerchief, but Japanese
      don't use pocket-handkerchiefs! Ha! ha! ha!

      Mikado. Ha! ha! ha! (to Katisha) I forget the punishment for
      compassing the death of the Heir Apparent.

      Ko-Ko, Pooh-Bah & Pitti-Sing. Punishment. (They drop down on their
      knees again.)

      Mikado. Yes. Something lingering, with boiling oil in it, I fancy.
      Something of that sort. I think boiling oil occurs in it, but I'm not
      sure. I know it's something humorous, but lingering, with either
      boiling oil or melted lead. Come, come, don't fret — I'm not a bit
      angry.

      Ko-Ko. (in abject terror) If your Majesty will accept our assurance,
      we had no idea —

      Mikado. Of course —

      Pitti-Sing. I knew nothing about it.

      Pooh-Bah. I wasn't there.

      Mikado. That's the pathetic part of it. Unfortunately, the fool of an
      Act says "compassing the death of the Heir Apparent." There's not a
      word about a mistake —

      Ko-Ko, Pitti-Sing & Pooh-Bah. No!

      Mikado. Or not knowing —

      Ko-Ko. No!

      Mikado. Or having no notion —

      Pitti-Sing. No!

      Mikado. Or not being there —

      Pooh-Bah. No!

      Mikado. There should be, of course —

      Ko-Ko, Pitti-Sing & Pooh-Bah. Yes!

      Mikado. But there isn't.

      Ko-Ko, Pitti-Sing & Pooh-Bah. Oh!

      Mikado. That's the slovenly way in which these Acts are always drawn.
      However, cheer up, it'll be all right. I'll have it altered next
      session. Now, let's see about your execution — will after luncheon
      suit you? Can you wait till then?

      Ko-Ko, Pitti-Sing & Pooh-Bah. Oh, yes — we can wait till then!

      Mikado. Then we'll make it after luncheon.

      Pooh-Bah. I don't want any lunch.

      Mikado. I'm really very sorry for you all, but it's an unjust world,
      and virtue is triumphant only in theatrical performances.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic