12379Re: Re Iraq and America

    Feb 3, 2007
      The Edge of the Abyss
      by Eric Herter

      "Bush/Cheney and the big corporations, who are driving this empire,
      have got to make their move now, or it all comes crashing down
      around them. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If
      the U.S. controls all the Middle East oil then they control China,
      India, Europe and the rest of the world. Insanity you say? Of course
      it is."

      "A friend wrote yesterday, "Latest news indicates that Bush is
      setting up new bases in Bulgaria and Romania that would host
      Pentagon war planes that would be used in a first-strike attack on
      Iran.

      "But this is crazy, I hear you saying. The U.S. can't afford another
      war! The troops are stretched too thin, the country can't pay for
      another front in this blitzkrieg.

      "Well, the answer is that like Hitler, Bush must continue to roll
      the dice. He is so far out on a limb now that he must go for it all
      or he loses everything. He and the big corporations, who are driving
      this empire, have got to make their move now, or it all comes
      crashing down around them. They have nothing to lose and everything
      to gain. If the U.S. controls all the Middle East oil then they
      control China, India, Europe and the rest of the world. Insanity you
      say? Of course it is." [Bruce Gagnon's complete letter is at
      http://space4peace.blogspot.com]

      "For those who think a US strike on Iran will be a cakewalk like the
      initial invasion of Iraq in 2003, it's important to know that there
      are grave differences. Here are some likely outcomes of attacking
      Iran:

      Everyone in Iraq -- including the Shiite government and army we've
      been supporting -- attacks our forces there, aided by a well-armed
      Iranian army of 650,000;

      Iran uses its Chinese and Russian missiles to hit our troops in
      Iraq, our ships in the Gulf, and Israel;

      Syria, linked by a mutual-defense treaty to Iran, joins the war with
      large stocks of chemical and biological weapons;

      The US and Israel use nuclear weapons to prevent our forces in Iraq
      from being annihilated;

      Huge numbers, possibly millions, are sickened and die as radiation
      is blown by prevailing winds into Pakistan and/or India;

      The Pakistani government is overthrown by its Islamic generals, who
      start using their nuclear missiles on US forces and Israel;

      Oil supplies from the Middle East are sharply curtailed, pushing
      American gas prices up above $10 a gallon;

      Worldwide outrage results in global boycotts of American products,
      plunging the US economy into chaos;

      The US government declares martial law and uses anti-terrorist laws
      and military force against those who protest;

      The US Congress and press effectively do nothing.

      Unfortunately, this isn't a worst-case scenario -- all of the above
      are entirely possible and predictable consequences of attacking
      Iran. And this war is not urgently necessary; there are still many
      untried routes to a resolution of our impasse with Iran's nuclear
      program, other then the pre-emptive war that's long been on the wish-
      list of the neo-cons.

      In short, Iran itself is not an immanent threat. But war with Iran
      is

      Do we accept this movement towards war when it brings the
      possibilities outlined above? Is this a world we want? We're at the
      edge of the abyss. If ever there was a time to stop being "good
      Germans," to stop passively resigning ourselves to our government's
      dangerous policies, that time is now."

      holderlin brought:

      "Not only is this not a war and it is based on the roots of
      disrupting the Logos from achieving the goal of intimacy of human
      thinking, it is a poltical Sorathian surge as outlined and
      anticipated by Steiner's Anthroposophy and nailed dead clear as a
      train wreck, as the arrival of The PNAC, Project for a New Ahrimanic
      Century dead on in 1997. It follows in the rhythm pattern of 1913/14
      dawn of WW I etc..etc...picking up the pattern and impress of the
      planets. This indirect and direct attack through torture against the
      Logos in Man and the Michael Nation is brought in order to derail
      humanity from building the faculties to approach the Angelic world
      through our heart thinking."
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic