12375Into the Mystic

  • carol
    Feb 2 11:53 AM
      In another of Boardman's essays, Aspects of the Occult Significance
      of the Year l998*
      (http://www.monju.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/OccSig1998.htm) he eventually
      verbalizes something which I also experience as proper to the times
      in which we live, and in addition to our own individual focus on
      inner development which the study of Rudolf Steiner's spiritual
      science proposes. The last sentence of this extract is very
      important to me.

      "In 1923, when he refounded the Anthroposophical Society, Rudolf
      Steiner gave to the members the Foundation Stone Meditation, which
      contains within it three exhortations to practise spirit-remembering,
      spirit-awareness, and spirit-envisioning. In the sense of the first,
      we can strive to think spiritual thoughts, especially about our
      origins in the spiritual world, re-membering ourselves as spiritual
      beings in the spiritual world. In doing so, we can drive out
      materialism, when it is unjustified, from our world of thought. This
      points to the exertion of willpower in meditation, not just by
      isolated individuals, but by group members who can seek to work
      meditatively together, for example, simultaneously at different times
      of day. It also points to the need for those who regard themselves as
      anthroposophers to re-member themselves into joint activity with
      those millions of pupils of the Archangel Michael who are not in the
      Anthroposophical Society."

      Though the following lyrics refer to a song sung by Colin James,
      they were in fact written by Van Morrison. I believe that through
      identifying with these lyrics and singing this song out to the
      masses, both these men revealed where they wished to place their's
      soul's allegiance. This could be one of the millions of examples of
      Michael pupils, working outside of the Anthroposophical Society.

      Into the Mystic

      "We were born before the wind,
      Also younger than the sun.
      Ere the bonnie boat was one,
      As we sailed into the mystic.

      Hark now hear the sailors cry,
      Smell the sea and feel the sky.
      Let your soul and spirit fly,
      As we sailed into the mystic.

      And when that foghorn blows,
      I will be coming home.
      And when that foghorn blows,
      I wanna hear it,
      I don't wanna fear it,

      And I wanna rock your gypsy soul.
      And it's just like the days of old.
      And together we will flow,
      As we sailed into the mystic.
      Come on,
      Come on,

      And when that foghorn blows,
      I will be coming home.
      And when at foghorn blows,
      I wanna hear it,
      I don't wanna fear it,

      And I wanna rock your gypsy soul.
      And it's just like way back in the days of old.
      And together we will flow,
      As we sailed into the mystic.
      Come on,
      Come on,