1222Soul-Calendar

  • DoctorStarman@aol.com
    Jul 23, 2000
      Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 14th week after Easter, in the
      original German and in English. The Calendar's 52 meditative mantras enable
      one to experience 'astral' or soul events occurring within in the course of
      the year.

      An Sinnesoffenbarung hingegeben,
      Verlor ich Eigenwesens Trieb,
      Gedankentraum, er schien
      Betäubend mir das Selbst zu rauben,
      Doch weckend nahet schon
      In Sinnenschein mir Weltendenken.

      To Senses' offerings given over
      I lose Self-Essence's Drive;
      Dreaminess of Thinking, it seems
      To bewilder me, the Self to rob,
      But a waking now approaches
      From Senses' Shining in me of World-Thinking.

      Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
      "Imaginations", which awaken spiritual sight, and mantras for spiritual
      hearing or "Inspirations". The surface meaning of the words of a mantra is
      not the essential thing, but rather the recitation of it and entering with
      deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. These mantras were also
      created in the German language and have their rhythms in it, so learning an
      English version is just a step to using the original. Steiner spoke of how
      German has preserved words lost by other languages, and could be for us today
      what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE language in which spirit-truths are
      expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve tried to keep close to the
      original, so that anyone can easily go from English to German.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      In addition to the mantrams, the Soul-Calendar originally contained 12
      drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
      forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
      constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar forces. (The Sun,
      according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Cancer from July 21st to
      Aug. 3rd in our era. Unfortunately we don't yet have the image of Cancer to
      send.) The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along
      with some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
      ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
      contemplation on their days. We’re translating these to restore the Calendar
      to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday July 23rd. Moon Aries. Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus, Christian
      Teacher in Justinian's Time.
      Monday July 24th. Moon Aries. Christiana.
      Tuesday July 25th. Moon Taurus. St. Chistopher.
      Wednesday July 26th. Moon Taurus. Anna.
      Thursday July 27th. Moon Gemini. Martha.
      Friday July 28th. Moon Gemini. 1750 Johann Seb. Bach died. 1794 Robespierre
      executed.1804 Philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach born.
      Saturday July 29th. Moon Cancer. Simplicius. 1856 Robert Schumann died.

      Dr. Starman*******
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic