11830Re: Sophia and Religous sentiments

  • prismah44
    Nov 8, 2006
      Bradford wrote:
      Hypocrisy has no better sample of no matter how kind the face, you
      know the face, while Bruno is tortured or Joan of Arc is burnt, some
      sympathetic face comes daringly out of the crowd and offers you a
      crucifix so that you can be close to Christ. I don't know who I
      would despise more. The crowd who did nothing while
      and now comes to my rescue when I am being murdered or the
      unconsecrated pocket of light embodied by those who torture me.

      Suzanne's thoughts:

      It's been written by some that at the height of physical pain, the
      body goes into a type of protective mode and the nervous system
      shuts down... and/or the soul departs before extreme pain is felt.
      But in the case of Joan of Arc, agonizing emotions must surely have
      ran through her body like wildfire through dry straw even before the
      stake was lit. She had been brutally interrogated, dehumanized,
      betrayed, unjustly imprisoned under charges of witchcraft and
      heresy, and sentenced to die a death she feared with all her heart
      and soul. One can only imagine how it must have been like in those
      days to be locked and guarded by beastly men, in enclosed quarters
      so filthy that bugs and rodents shared what undoubtedly must have
      been her humid, stench-filled, dust-covered dark concrete cell. Not
      to mention the despair and loneliness she had to have endured during
      her months of imprisonment; that is, except for the sound of her
      voices and the sight of her visions.

      We've already briefly touched on the topic of how emotions are
      energy and how they become stored in the spiritual centers of the
      endocrine system only to find expression in future lives. Was the
      Maid of Orleans immune in future lives to the psychoneurological
      consequences of negative emotions such as: fear, anger, anxiety,
      doubt, despair and depression because she was accorded grace to go
      through the fiery ordeal? If not, one can imagine what her triggers
      would be today if she incarnated again? If yes, then she was able in
      that life to transmute all those negative feelings and lift herself
      up – and others – for a higher cause.

      Hunters know that in order to keep meat tender, it is imperative
      that a panicked prey does not remain afraid for too long because it
      floods its body with adrenaline which hardens the flesh. The
      question then remains, did Joan during her mission, imprisonment,
      trial and cruel death, experience a hormonal flood of emotions whose
      impulses could have solidified in her mental body only to manifest
      again in some ways in future lives? I think this is the case with
      most of us as we remain consciously unaware of details associated
      with subconscious post traumatic stress triggers unless illuminated
      by the Spirit of Truth..."But the Comforter, which is the Holy
      Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name he shall teach you all
      things, and bring all things to your remembrance..." (Jn. 14:26)

      Thoughts of Jesus Christ on the Cross who, despite the unimaginable
      pain He endured, at one point lifted his head to look through the
      condemning crowd and out of pity asked GOD to forgive his oppressors
      because they knew not what they were doing. Like a lamb He was
      slaughtered and in the process transmuted and redeemed negative
      impulses of energy in accordance with GOD's plan of salvation. And
      as she stood tied to the stake, transcripts tell us that Joan asked
      that a mass be said for her salvation and begged for prayers (but
      then...transcripts have been altered under various circumstances to
      protect the guilty oppressors.)

      "Rouen! Rouen! Must I die here? Ah, Rouen, I fear you will have to
      suffer for my death!"

      "I ask you priests of God, to please say a Mass for my soul's
      salvation. I beg all of you standing here to forgive me the harm
      that I may have done you. Please pray for me."

      As soon as Joan noticed that the fire had been lit she urgently
      warned Brother Martin: "Good Brother Martin, I thank you for
      comforting me, but you must leave this place.., now."

      "My Voices did come from God and everything that I have done was by
      God's order."

      "Hold the crucifix up before my eyes so I may see it until I die."
      "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!"

      http://www.stjoan-center.com/Trials/

      http://www.stjoan-center.com/quotable

      It does not appear that the crucifix hovering through the flames was
      the ultimate act of hypocrisy...that may well have happened when
      Charles failed to come to her aid when she needed him the most, and
      when she needed him the least he appealed to church authorities to
      canonize her a Saint after her death. Lucky for Charles that Joan
      appears to be a very forgiving soul.

      http://www.french-at-a-
      touch.com/French_History/saint_joan_of_arc_iii.htm

      Only thoughts,
      Blessings,
      Suzanne
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic