11829Re: Sophia and Religous sentiments

  • Steve Hale
    Nov 8, 2006
      <holderlin66@...> wrote:

      > Holderlin brought about Giordano Bruno:
      >
      > "Bruno answered the sentence of death by fire with the
      > threatening: "Perhaps you, my judges, pronounce this sentence
      > against me with greater fear than I receive it." He was given eight
      > more clays to see whether he would repent. But it was no use. He
      was
      > taken to the stake and as he was dying a crucifix was presented to
      > him, but he pushed it away with fierce scorn."
      >
      > Bradford comments;
      >
      > "...as he was dying a crucifix was presented to him, but he pushed
      > it away with fierce scorn."

      In much the same way, Stephen, lead deacon of the seven deacons
      appointed by the apostles, roared in righteous indignation, "God
      does not live in a house built with human hands!", when brought
      before the Sanhedrin on charges of secretly teaching the principles
      of Christianity to the disapora widows of the Greek community
      there. And Saul watched as the order to stone Stephen to death was
      declared, and held their cloaks while they did so. And it was he
      who also dragged and buried the body of Stephen, who was an initiate
      of the Apostles of Christ.

      It is said that Stephen's glorious oration against the machine that
      constituted the Sanhedrin caused him to be transformed into a being
      of transfiguring light; the same pentecostal light that had
      descended on the twelve disciples in the upper room of Joseph of
      Arimethea a few years before. But this only served to further
      enrage the members of the Sanhedrin, and the order to stone for
      blasphemy was decreed. But Saul was extraordinarily moved by it
      all, as he witnessed this and also his own role in carrying out the
      sentence. It was to be the founding event that would lead to his
      own transformation on the road where his beast of burden would kick
      out against the pricks.

      Ironically, it would be he who would soon experience the "whince of
      the licks" against his own flesh as the condemned lying Jew traitor
      of the Hebrew culture; a crazy loon who would give it all up in
      order to be a martyr of early Christendom. For Judaism, it could
      only be further proof of the lunacy and lie of Christianity, first
      declared so when Jesus had felt the pain of those nails.