11346Re: Requiem in memoriam

  • Valerie Walsh
    Aug 29, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hale" <sardisian01@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Val,
      >
      > It seems that while you were off the gulf I was just sitting here
      > scratching my head, wondering about things. And believe me, that's
      > been a very enjoyable thing to do; almost like a vacation. Then I
      > see that wonder is an important theme here and so I came onboard a
      > new ship. My son lives in Houston and had to throw out all his
      > onboard liquids the other day, actually August the 5th, while
      > enroute back home from a trip east.

      Dear Steve,

      Happy Belated Birthday!!! I hope it was enjoyable. It could have very
      well been more enjoyable than my vacation-my summer has been so strange
      that my husband's idea to travel to the Yucatan in August during
      hurricane season didn't even seem odd. Actually, I was thrilled to go,
      one for the diving and two for Chichen Itza. Got a little woozy at the
      sacrificial well, though. Because it's still going on today with the
      tossing of coins into "the wishing well" but it was babies and young
      girls weighted down with metal that were thrown in this well.

      Course, they sacrificed guys too but that seemed sporting
      comparatively. Plus they got a commemorative headstone. Something about
      making people sweat for hours and then throwing them off the edge of a
      cliff never to be seen again got to me. Apparently, what I've always
      thought was a strong antipathy to the scapegoating of individuals is
      really a deep and abiding sympathy as I almost passed out and fell in
      myself.-Val
    • Show all 38 messages in this topic