11213Re: Beware of...

  • Robert Mason
    Jan 6, 2006
      To Terence, who wrote:

      >>Tis an interesting phenomenon that there is
      all this hoopla about Joel's persona coming
      from Mason and Emil. Is there not a saying to
      the effect that "he who is without sin cast the
      first stone?" Are both Mason and Emil
      guileless? Having never met these persons, I
      can not say; however, in the Age of the
      Consciousness Soul, I have my suspicions that
      neither Mason or Emil are beyond reproach. Then
      why the censure of Joel?<<

      Robert writes:

      I have already in my AT posts tried to explain
      why I wrote and posted what you call my
      "censure of Joel". (Tried, at considerable
      length and in considerable detail, especially
      in my long post to Stephen Clarke.) None of my
      explanations depend upon an assumption or
      premise that I am "guileless", or
      guiltless. You may be of the opinion that my
      explanations are somehow inadequate, but I see
      no indication here that you have read and
      seriously considered them. If you would cite
      them and tell me exactly why you (presumably)
      consider them to be inadequate, then maybe we
      could proceed from there. But now, I don't see
      any point in merely repeating essentially what
      I have already written.

      Terence wrote:

      >>We are taught that for every step forward we
      make in spiritual development that we take
      three steps forward in character development.
      My question is, "what kind of progress are we
      making when we continue to visit the past?" Do
      we not need to let the dead bury the dead,
      while the living create the future?<<

      Robert writes:

      As I already said in my previous post here,
      this matter belongs not just to the past but
      also to the present. Joel still posts on his
      website the "Perspective" essay; this brings
      the whole "Maitreya" thing right into the
      present: he is still saying it. More
      importantly, he is still "doing it"'; he is
      still acting from the same, sick mind-set --
      acting upon other people.

      Terence wrote:

      >>I have never met Joel either, yet by his own
      admisssion [sic] he does not claim to be
      guileless or without sin or shame.<<

      Robert writes:

      But he does claim (obliquely, deviously) to be
      the New World-Teacher of Anthroposophy, and
      (again) more importantly, he is acting upon
      that mad presumption.

      Terence wrote:

      >>Robert and Emil, are you not more than your
      name? More than your persona quirks and
      character defects? Come on man, let the sublect
      [sic] of Joel and his quirks and defects alone.
      Enough is enough! As I read what you have
      written on the A_T list, you are telling more
      about yourself than you are of Joel. Can you
      not see the beam in your own eye?<<

      Robert writes:

      I suppose I have beams enough, but so what?
      That doesn't mean that I can't add two plus two
      and come out somewhere between three and five.
      And it doesn't mean that I have to swallow all
      the BS that anyone might want to feed me.
      Still less does it mean that I must stand idly
      by while someone is feeding BS to other people.

      Terence wrote:

      >>Be aware! Be alive. Let the dead bury the
      dead.

      >>Have you ever attended a 12 Step meeting?<<

      Robert writes:

      I have not attended any 12-step meetings, but I
      am aware of the doctrine. I have done some
      "group work" of a less doctrinaire and more
      intensive kind. And to a large extent, my
      experiences in and around such groups have
      educated me about the kinds of tricks that some
      people (especially manipulative addicts) will
      play, about the BS they will pitch, and about
      the depths of the perversity that madness can
      reach. I have learned to ask questions and to
      be alert to evasions. I have learned:
      that talk is cheap,
      that actions speak louder than words,
      that ye shall know them by their fruits,
      and to keep my eye on the bottom line.

      -- I'm guessing that you are struggling with
      some kind of addiction and working with some
      kind of 12-step program. I hope that you are
      aware that such "meetings" have their dangers
      as well as their benefits. (Kinda like e-
      groups.) You can do some good "work" and meet
      some helpful people there, but you might also
      meet some "users", in the other sense of the
      word. Such people will try to run all sorts of
      tricky, manipulative games on you, and if you
      let them get very close to you, you will likely
      regret it bitterly. (That's a big reason why
      some "self-help" groups have the rule that the
      members may have no social relations with each
      other outside the meetings.) It does seem that
      many "users" are just that, in both senses of
      the word.

      I hope that you keep your BS meter with you
      at all times, keep it calibrated, keep good
      batteries in it, and set the alarm to LOUD.

      Robert Mason

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic