11189Re: [anthroposophy] Hierarchies, anyone??

  • Adrian Hansen
    Dec 22, 2005
        Dear Joel,
      Thank you for your reply,

      Joel wrote: The fact is the book is not hard.  What is hard is the self honesty required to be adequately introspective.  This is the work from which we shy away.  In our souls the doubles are quite active, and they (at every turn) would convince us of the myth of difficulty.  They are able to do this because the pre-question to freedom is moral in nature, not intellectual.  So they (the doubles) tell us not to look too closely at our own inner activity, for then we might have to overcome some favorite bad habit.

      Do I understand it right that you are talking about multiple doubles? and if you do can you explain this phenomena?

       Joel wrote:   It is the indulgence in these bad habits that deflects us.  And this fact is, of course, the first lesson on the path to true freedom.  We are prisoners inwardly, locked not only in the dilemmas of our bad habits, but also in our thought life (world view) if we become mere Steinerists - believers in Steiner-thought.  We become then (in accord with The Philosophy) "captured by the concept".
      You are talking about 'bad habits' as in what?

      Do I understand you right that the path to freedom is to follow in Christ's footsteps ? What do you understand morality means ?
      As I see it, we have certain experiences in life that teach us morality.If we miss out on those experiences or making shortcuts like for instance abstinance of things in life, are we then not following an artificially road to freedom?
      Does freedom not mean having the freedom to experience? Sorry for all the questions Joel, but I think that we need to be clear on those things before we can embark on a road to freedom.
      Merry Christmas to you, Love Adrian