11172Re: [anthroposophy] the etheric Christ

  • Joel Wendt
    Dec 20, 2005
      Dear Robin,

          You asked some good questions, and in reviewing some of the old messages on this list, I wonder if you got the answers you were seeking.  Did you?  If not, let us know what still creates concern, or wonder.

      warm regards,
      joel

      robin9700@... wrote:
      Thank you for the advice, Maurice.  I have those moments and call them grace..if I am interpreting you correctly.

      These questions have been brewing for a long time and I know actually have words to put to some of them.

      Is thought not good?  Isnt Christ concienceness (and yes I have trouble identifying that conscienceness just with Christ as in Jesus...perhaps that is old baggage, perhaps it feels ego/ethnocentric to me..and I have trouble with hierarchies that are not fluid...roles that do not change I see as potentially unhealthy, but that is looking form a healthy family systems perspective) Isnt Christ concience the balance between Luciferic and Ahramaic forces....neither being "evil" in and of itself...only in excess?  The Christ conscienceness being a bridge or place of grace in between the two which act, in a sense, as balance points for the Christ conscienceness?

      How are those two forces viewed?  The Fall..they played a role in that...what about the human "soul"?  Was it meant to be...the Fall?  What was the plan....what is the plan?  What role do these forces pay in a final outcome...and what is that????

      Is there anything written on Paul specifically?  I really see him as a addictive personality who swung from one extreme to another.  Perhaps Anthroposophy has a differetn "story" for Paul...a differetn interpretation...if so, I would love to hear it.

      Are there similarities between the Gnostics and Anthoposophy?

      I apologize if all these questions are annoying or hurtful? and certainly ignorant in anthroposophical realms.

      Robin

      In a message dated 12/17/2005 8:23:36 AM Eastern Standard Time, moss@... writes:
      Robin

      Offhand I could not point to a specific work or works but as Adrian pointed out the largest online resource is probably rsarchive.org  A great self-deception is to go too fast in trying to  gather knowledge. (Also too slow) Be patient. Things turn up when least expected. Often a lot of preparatory images are needed before you really 'get' a certain principle. RS compared knowledge in the physical sciences as like stacking blocks together. But real knowledge is a living connection to the world. You have to  slowly overcome your own fixity of thought to achieve this - and it is an  unending process. Note well Chantel's aphorism from Goethe at the end of her posts. Try to see the becoming and dying in everything around you. (Difficult in a concrete jungle so the local park is a great resource.) It is one way of slowly instilling a change of attitude in yourself, a certain openness which was not there before.

      Maurice

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic