11038Re: etherically goggle-eyed

  • Terence
    Aug 24, 2005
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Joel Wendt <hermit@t...> wrote:
      egarding this news article:

      > Dear Lee,

      > I can understand your point of view expressed
      > below, but at the same time my own research suggests
      > that the matter is much more complicated. Having
      > raised five children through adolescence and our
      > present media culture, it is clear to me that there
      > does exist a natural balance in the development of

      I concur with Joel. My wife and I raised 3 children
      and are currently co-raising two granddaughters.

      Many were the hours that we watched disney flix
      like 20 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, Dune, etc.
      and talked about the plot and theme afterwards. We
      encouraged our sons to develop imaginative skills
      playing D&D. They currently are PhD Biological
      scientists and professors.

      During our annual visits we used to talk about
      their upbringing during our families recovery from
      chemical dependency as a means of clearing the air.
      Our adult children's memories all had fond recall
      of our movie, TV and video game experiences.

      We are doing the same bit with our granddaughters
      (4 & 6) to stimulate their imaginative sense. What
      is critical is the communications during and after
      the imaginative events. They love to answer
      questions as well as ask them.

      Terence
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic