10704Re: New File - to Wagner enthuasiasts

  • joksu57
    Oct 6, 2004
      Hi Bradford!

      It's so nice to see your greetings. I have been quite lazy with
      this "forum-business", but I'll try to improve my conduct. In Easter
      time there is a Parsifal-performance in Helsinki, so at least then I
      might be able to get some new "inspiration" to write. (Well, after a
      second thought, I'm not so sure if this before mentioned timescale
      promises actual improvement...)

      It worries me a bit that the director of the opera is Harry Kupfer;
      the one who made the (in)famous Flying Dutchman -production, where
      the Dutchman is "reduced" to Senta's hallucination and in the end of
      the opera Senta commits a suicide. This materialistic and depressing
      interpretation has been much appraised! If the name of the opera had
      been "Senta's delirium", I could understand the justification of this
      kind of interpretation. What can Kupfer possibly do with Parsifal?
      Well, anyway he can't spoil the music and maybe there's some
      improvement over the years.

      Warm Greetings, Friend

      <holderlin66@h...> wrote:
      > joksu wrote:
      > Hello Friends!
      > Well I am so glad to hear your voice again. Gad what a long
      > aside from sister Jan.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic