10610Re: How to fight against Asuras

  • joksu57
    Aug 10, 2004
      Hello Dear Jan and all!

      Many good aspects has been brought up in this discussion about "how
      to deal with asuras". Finally we must come into relation with Christ.
      Andrea and Jan have aptly clarified some "methods" how this is
      possible nowadays.

      Asuras are retarded beings from the Saturn-period and in that time
      our humanity got the "seed" to its physical body as well as a "seed"
      to atmic-principle. These have some correspondenses to our will and
      also our deeds can be considered in this category. It is clear thet
      we can't directly "fight" against the asuras, as even St. Paul said
      that: "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood …" Violence &
      jesuitic methods will be totally useless, actually they make
      the "case worse".

      With these referencies to body, will and deeds I want to come to the
      concept of Karma. As we know, Christ is now the Lord of Karma. And
      when we come into relation with Christ, it is possible to give our
      individual karma "to the hand of Christ". (Forgiving our neighbour,
      not demanding any retribution, is one deep "method" dealing with this
      question). Then it is possible that "not our will, but the Will of
      our Heavenly Father" happens. And the Will of our Heavenly Father
      certainly wins over asuras.

      In relation with this question of karma it is probably easier to
      understand something about the deep lesson given to us by Christ
      Jesus: "Resist not evil". Not fighting against the evil, but winning,
      redeeming and transforming it. This requires "True Faith", but many
      people think that Christ Jesus was impractical in His advices! In the
      Tree of Good and Evil there are allways the opposites and fighting,
      but in the Tree of Life there is unity and our Father's Will prevails.

      As Dr. Steiner said (and Jan just cited): "… the moral fire streaming
      from the figure of Christ will intensify recognition of the need for
      moral impulses. Man will transform the earth by feeling with ever-
      increasing strength that morality is an essential part of it". Only
      preaching about morality is "weak", we must also strive according the
      example and ethics of Christ Jesus, which is given in a concise form
      in the Sermon on the Mount. I think that this is the best way
      to "fight the asuras".

      Warm Regards
      Joksu

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Jan <starbirdgarden@b...> wrote:

      > http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Lectures/19090322p01.html
      >
      > http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Lectures/EthBld_index.html
      >
      > Quote from The Etherisation of the Blood ­ Rudolf Steiner
      > ³ The dream of Socrates, that virtue can be taught, will come true;
      more and
      > more it will be possible on Earth not only for the intellect to be
      > stimulated and energized by this teaching but for moral impulses to
      be
      > spread abroad. Schopenhauer said, ³To preach morality is easy; to
      establish
      > it is very difficult.² Why is this? Because no morality has yet
      been spread
      > by preaching. It is quite possible to recognise moral principles
      and yet not
      > abide by them. For most people the Pauline saying holds good, that
      the
      > spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. This will change, because
      the moral
      > fire streaming from the figure of Christ will intensify recognition
      of the
      > need for moral impulses. Man will transform the earth by feeling
      with
      > ever-increasing strength that morality is an essential part of it.
      In the
      > future, to be immoral will be possible only for individuals who are
      goaded
      > in this direction, who are possessed by evil demons, by Ahrimanic,
      Asuric
      > Powers and more-over aspire to be so.
      > In time to come there will be on Earth a sufficient number of
      individuals
      > who teach morality and at the same time sustain its principles; but
      there
      > will also be those who by their own free decision surrender
      themselves to
      > the evil Powers and thus enable an excess of evil to be pitted
      against a
      > good humanity. Nobody will be forced to do this; it will lie in the
      free
      > will of each individual.² end quote
      >
      > By means of deep and sustained study of Spiritual Science and
      practice of
      > the exercises and meditations, we come into relation with Christ.
      The
      > consciousness soul, arising from unconscious transformation of the
      physical
      > body is lit by the ego (see lecture above from Steiner Archive)
      and is
      > therefore not in the province of any shaman. What is immediately
      necessary
      > is to bring Lucifer and Ahriman into balance via relatedness to
      Christ,
      > which strengthens the ego and enables it to transform the soul
      forces while
      > also beginning the redemption of the adversaries as it brings them
      into
      > relation with Christ also.
      > The Rose Cross meditation has a directly purifying influence upon
      the
      > blood, and the Foundation Stone meditation brings us into healing
      > relationship with the transforming and regenerating powers of the
      Trinity,
      > via a useful and powerful working relationship with the hierarchies.
      > Jan
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic