1055Re: [anthroposophy] Near death experience

  • crcjct@ix.netcom.com
    May 29, 2000
      Thank you for the references. I remember the description of the initiate being
      "unconscious" for 3 days and 3 nights. Do you know of any references to people
      today going through a similar ceremony?

      I'm thinking especially of a dear friend who suddenly was taken ill with
      hepititus, double pneumonia and required emergency surgery for revmoval of his
      gall bladder. This man was involved in important work and just turned 70 when the
      illness struck recently. No one thought he would survive this catastrophic turn
      of events and for 3 days and 3 nights he was almost comatose.

      When he awoke after surgery, he felt wonderful, with no pain and renewed focus on
      his work.

      Does this sound familiar to you? I found it very interesting.