ANN: Writer's Café 1.24

  • Julian Smart
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2007
      Hello all,

      Sorry about the long wait - Writer's Café 1.24 is now available from
      http://www.writerscafe.co.uk (click on Download).

      The main changes are listed below.

      Writer's Café Desk Version 1.24, June 5th 2007

      - Fixed printing bug for accented or non-European characters.
      - Fixed crash in Writer's Cafe desk in web scraps when external browser
      is selected.
      - Fixed a crash when trying to paste after the root of the scrapbook
      project.
      - Improved toolbar appearance in Windows Vista.

      StoryLines Version 1.44, June 5th, 2007

      - Fixed the size of the encodings dialog.
      - Fixed tab handling problems on Mac (double tab insertion and spurious
      window navigation).
      - Fixed problem where on Mac, the Floating Card Editor would be closed
      when switching to the main document window.
      - Find and Replace is now available from the Floating Card Editor.
      - Fixed drawing of custom column labels when scrolling.
      - Fixed a bug with colouring the outline when moving or creating a card.
      - Improved toolbar appearance in Windows Vista.

      We have decided to make Writer's Café for Mac OS X free, for the
      remainder of the 1.x series. Details are in the FAQ, but the main reason
      is because we are putting our efforts into version 2 and haven't been
      able to devote us much time to Mac-ification of version 1 as we hoped.
      We aim to fix this shortcoming in version 2.

      Best regards,

      Julian

      --
      Julian Smart, Anthemion Software Ltd.
      28/5 Gillespie Crescent, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH10 4HU
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2007
        --- In anthemion-storylines@yahoogroups.com, Julian Smart <julian@...>
        wrote:

        > We have decided to make Writer's Café for Mac OS X free, for the
        > remainder of the 1.x series. Details are in the FAQ, but the main
        reason
        > is because we are putting our efforts into version 2 and haven't been
        > able to devote us much time to Mac-ification of version 1 as we hoped.
        > We aim to fix this shortcoming in version 2.

        Thanks for making it free, Julian, but I hope that does not mean you
        are thinking about dropping Mac support altogether. I just finished
        writing a screenplay on Writer's Cafe, and am now midway through a
        novel rewrite. I don't know what I'd do without your software!

        Munchkyn
      • Julian Smart
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 23, 2007
          Hi Sarah,

          Sarah Stegall wrote:

          > Thanks for making it free, Julian, but I hope that does not mean you
          > are thinking about dropping Mac support altogether. I just finished
          > writing a screenplay on Writer's Cafe, and am now midway through a
          > novel rewrite. I don't know what I'd do without your software!

          Good :-)

          No, I'm definitely not dropping Mac support, and W.C. 2 should look and
          work better on Mac than W.C. 1. I'm just giving myself breathing space
          while working on the revamped product. But I do take Mac support very
          seriously, especially as Mac market share is increasing all the time.

          Thanks,

          Julian