Storylines-Outline Pane/Card Question

  • Sherry Ramsey
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2010

      Hi Julian and all,

      I'm just wondering, in Storylines, is there a way to show more of the content of a given card in the Outline pane?  I've looked through the Preferences but can't find any way to change the number of characters displayed or anything like that.  I also tried increasing the width of the Outline pane and decreasing the Card pane, and moving the Outline tab down to the Main Sheet area, but neither of those made any difference.  Right now the lines truncate after 80 characters but I would like to have the entire text of the card show in the outline as well.  Perhaps this is a coding matter but if it's adjustable anywhere I'd like to know.

      Thanks for any help!
      Sherry

      --
      Web: www.sherrydramsey.com / www.thescriptorium.net / www.thirdpersonpress.com

      Read it now!  "The Longest Distance"
      Online now as part of Michael A. Stackpole's Chain Story Project
      Get the details at http://chainstory.stormwolf.com
    • Julian Smart
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2010
        Hi Sherry,

        Unfortunately there isn't a setting for that at present, but I'll make a
        note since I agree it would be nice to be able to adjust this especially
        if you have a very big screen.

        Best regards,

        Julian

        On 04/11/2010 16:07, Sherry Ramsey wrote:

        > Hi Julian and all,
        >
        > I'm just wondering, in Storylines, is there a way to show more of the
        > content of a given card in the Outline pane? I've looked through the
        > Preferences but can't find any way to change the number of characters
        > displayed or anything like that. I also tried increasing the width of
        > the Outline pane and decreasing the Card pane, and moving the Outline
        > tab down to the Main Sheet area, but neither of those made any
        > difference. Right now the lines truncate after 80 characters but I
        > would like to have the entire text of the card show in the outline as
        > well. Perhaps this is a coding matter but if it's adjustable anywhere
        > I'd like to know.
        >
        > Thanks for any help!
        > Sherry
        >
        > --
        > Web: www.sherrydramsey.com <http://www.sherrydramsey.com> /
        > www.thescriptorium.net <http://www.thescriptorium.net> /
        > www.thirdpersonpress.com <http://www.thirdpersonpress.com>
        >
        > Read it now! "The Longest Distance"
        > Online now as part of Michael A. Stackpole's Chain Story Project
        > Get the details at http://chainstory.stormwolf.com

        --
        Julian Smart, Anthemion Software Ltd.
        28/5 Gillespie Crescent, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH10 4HU