Re: Green anole- sick?

  • Clinton
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 1999
      The spot behind the eye is part of their aggressive display. She may feel
      threatened in her habitat. Signs of illness include lethargy, a spotty
      brown colour (not the normal brown, but a spotty, mottled looking brown),
      sunken or half closed eyes (a green anole should not appear to be napping
      most of the day, they should be alert and even skittish).

      Make sure she is getting enough water (should be in the form of droplets on
      plant leaves), without water she can't digest her food very well. Remember
      to dust every prey item you offer.

      Finally, remember that every anole you buy from a pet store comes complete
      with it's own little community of parasites. Sometimes the only the you can
      do to ensure their health is take them to a vet as soon as they are
      purchased.

      Hope this helped.

      Clinton.

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 1999
        If an anole developes a black spot behind the eye, it can mean a number of
        different things. One is that its sick, and another is that it is angry or
        unhappy.