today

  • Kay
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2012
      I was working in my yard and saw two anoles .. and two HUGE geckos... was so glad to see them. I was worried the drought had killed off the local lizard population, seeing those anoles was a reassurance that they are still around. (especially considering the amount of bugs we have now, those nasty insects seem to have multiplied!!!)

      Unfortunately I didn't have my camera outside with me this afternoon, or I would have taken some pictures of them... next time I'll be ready.

      Kay
    • Kay
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2012
        lol so much for being ready...

        was just outside with the dogs, and they found a huge toad in the yard!! Nice to see the toad is still around, but I'm certain the dogs scared the poor thing half to death as they tried to play with it!! (of course they didn't like the 'taste' of it either LOL)

        Had to catch it so that the dogs didn't harm it in any way (after all they have killed three possums that snuck into the back yard. hate those things.

        has been reaching over 100 for the past week...but the anoles are still hanging around!! Have seen a couple more the past couple of days, I'm glad they are still around considering the yard got treated for bugs (mostly fleas, ugh, a big problem in the neighborhood this year) and there have been several cases of the west nile virus reported around here as well....So the various reptiles that eat the bugs are VERY welcome.

        however the other reptiles are not. There has been an upswing in reports of snakes and snake-bites in the area too. I've been very careful when I go outside, last thing I want to come across is a snake. ick

        Kay