HNY & other stuff.

  • Zainal L. Haberham
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 1999
      Hello,
      Well, let me start of by wishing anyone on this list a happy new year...now
      that all the holidays are over I hope we'll all be able to discuss our
      little green (brown, gray, blue, whatever) friends some more.

      Don't know what you've all been doing...I just spent some time doing a new
      web search on some critters, and I've noticed a boost in equestris hits.
      One of them is this nice pic:

      http://www.teraristika.cz/galerie/anolisequestris.htm

      It's on a Czech site, and I'm not entirely sure if it is equestris...if it
      is, it's a weird subspecies. It may, however, also be one of the other
      Cuban species...when I was in the Prague zoo a couple of years ago I saw
      some nice A. luteogularis, and this may very well be one.

      Another thing I found worried me a bit. I know my web site text appears on
      a few other locations, but the site owners always asked for permission (and
      got it). However, I was going through the text on the following site:

      http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/2421/cuban.htm

      and I couldn't help feeling a bit paranoid. Am I? Or has this person ripped
      me off, cutting up & re-arranging my sentences, and putting a few (and yes,
      I mean a FEW) of his own in....it seems like a huge coincidence that this
      person, who has published a few reptile books (!), has made exactly the
      same observations that I have, some of which were never published before.
      (for comparison see: www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/4489/anolis.htm) I
      value your opinions on this (even if they lead to the conclusion that I am
      paranoid).

      On another note: for me, 1999 started with the birth of yet another baby
      bahorucoensis (a boy, setting the score at 7.2 so far...maybe they're a bit
      too hot, given this skewed ratio). Born (OK, hatched) in the early morning
      of january first. If this is a sign for the rest of the year, I'm happy!

      OK, enough about me. How are you all?

      Later,
      Z.
    • Brooke Sheets
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 1999
        Hello Zainal,
        Hi i just got my anole and i was looking on the internet and i
        came across a site that had anoles on it.I typed it out and it said on
        there that you shouldnt put a heat rock in the cage.They said that it
        will burn the bottom of their delecate belly.I was thinking about that
        and if the people who said that had common sence they would get off of
        it before it burned their bellies.It might just be me but that sounded a
        little strange.I'm 14 just incase you were wondering.Well bye for
        now.Brooke Sheets.