Soon to be owner.. NEED ADVICE.. please!!! thanx

  • Liz
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
      hey guys!!

      i am raelly interested in getting a Green Anole very soon! I am new
      to this whole thing so I was wondering if anyone of you guys could
      help me out?!

      (I already know im buying a 20 gal tank with a lid for just one Anole)

      First, a substrate is the stuff the little lizards walk on right?? So
      what kind of stuff should i be putting on the bottom of the tank?

      Also, should i feed the Anole twice a week?? Like a 6 grasshoppers
      once and then 6 mealworms coded in calcium all per week?? And the
      water i mist on the leaves/branches and in a bowl, should it be
      bottled water (ex. aquafina) or my tap water distilled for a few days?

      Thirdly, what kind of heat lamp should i purchase?? And how often
      should i have it on for??

      k thanks so much!!!!!!!!
      Liz
    • brenda

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 5, 2004
          Liz;
          I took a quick look at the link Brenda sent.  I like it.  It's very simple and straightforward.  I'm glad to see you are doing a little research before getting the little guy.
          Lots of luck!!!
          Ray

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 6, 2004
            thanks you guys so much for all your advice!!! i cant wait to get my
            anole now!! :-D

            thank you thank you!
            Liz

            --- In anole@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <badlizard@n...> wrote:
            > Liz;
            > I took a quick look at the link Brenda sent. I like it. It's very
            simple and straightforward. I'm glad to see you are doing a little
            research before getting the little guy.
            > Lots of luck!!!
            > Ray
            thanx

            > this should help ya with what you need if not just type green
            anoles in your search engine hope this helps cause im new to this
            also.....lol
            > http://www.vareptilerescue.org/anoles.html
            > Liz <AKeys24@a...> wrote:
            > hey guys!!
            >
            > i am raelly interested in getting a Green Anole very soon! I am
            new
            > to this whole thing so I was wondering if anyone of you guys
            could
            > help me out?!
            >
            > (I already know im buying a 20 gal tank with a lid for just one
            Anole)

            > First, a substrate is the stuff the little lizards walk on
            right?? So
            > what kind of stuff should i be putting on the bottom of the
            tank?

            > Also, should i feed the Anole twice a week?? Like a 6
            grasshoppers
            > once and then 6 mealworms coded in calcium all per week?? And
            the
            > water i mist on the leaves/branches and in a bowl, should it be
            > bottled water (ex. aquafina) or my tap water distilled for a
            few days?

            > Thirdly, what kind of heat lamp should i purchase?? And how
            often
            > should i have it on for??
            >
            > k thanks so much!!!!!!!!
            > Liz

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Service.
          • brenda
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 6, 2004

              hi everyone well i was wondering ...i have a male and female  anole. the female already layed eggs but i didn't relize it till i clean off the fake leaves and they feel in the sink and broke :(  well now i find my female on top of male more then vice versa.....anyone know what this is about?

              Do you Yahoo!?