Red spots

  • danesareawesome
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2003
      Hi. We have 2 anoles that are about a year old. They have both
      developed red, raised spots all over them. One looks like it does
      not feel well, the other one has the spots, but seems fine. Does
      anyone know what it is? How to treat? Any info would be helpful.

      Thanks
    • Rmcarmany@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2003
        Look at the spots under slight magnification. If they move they are mites and can be treated easily. If they aren't mites, see a good herp vet.

        Bob Carmany
      • danesareawesome
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2003
          Thanks. I hate to sound like an idiot, but what is a herp vet?

        • photowink@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 7, 2003
            Hi there, "herp' is just short for Herpetologist; Herpetology is the
            study of living (as opposed to extinct) reptiles and amphibians. "Vet" is short
            for veterinarian. Not all veterinarians are knowledgeable as to the medical
            needs of lizards and other reptiles. Perhaps someone on this list knows of an
            herp vet in your area - good luck!

            Wink
          • Rmcarmany@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 7, 2003