Re: Anolis onca

  • Yann Horstink
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 1, 2003
      > I keep the sphaeros separated. It might be that you could kep them
      with
      > Anoles, but most anoles like a lizard snack, so it might be not the
      best of
      > ideas.

      Probably not since Anolis can swallow big preys (I just read that
      Anolis garmani eat adult Anolis lineatopus). What are their
      messurements of their tanks?

      > And now: Attention, Advertising ;-):
      >
      > If you want to see more pics of Sphaeros, come to the international
      gecko
      > keeper's convention, June 7 and 8, area of Hannover and Hildesheim,
      Germany.
      > More infos: www.nephrurus.org
      > I will give alecture on our trip to PR and show the Sphaeros we
      found. Also,
      > Father Sanchez provided me with some pics of species we missed
      (gaigeae,
      > macrolepis mimetes, roosevelti).

      Sounds great. Unfortunately everthing is in German, isen't? Probably
      I will understand only the half of it. German isen't my "favourite
      languages" :)

      ~Yann
    • Frank Jaeger
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 1, 2003
        > Probably not since Anolis can swallow big preys (I just read that
        > Anolis garmani eat adult Anolis lineatopus). What are their
        > messurements of their tanks?

        20 x 20 x 30 cm for a single specimen.

        >> And now: Attention, Advertising ;-):
        >>
        >> If you want to see more pics of Sphaeros, come to the international
        > gecko
        >> keeper's convention, June 7 and 8, area of Hannover and Hildesheim,
        > Germany.
        >> More infos: www.nephrurus.org
        >> I will give alecture on our trip to PR and show the Sphaeros we
        > found. Also,
        >> Father Sanchez provided me with some pics of species we missed
        > (gaigeae,
        >> macrolepis mimetes, roosevelti).
        >>

        > Sounds great. Unfortunately everthing is in German, isen't? Probably
        > I will understand only the half of it. German isen't my "favourite
        > languages" :)

        Actually, no. Several lectures will be translated into english, and some are
        ven held in english. My one will definitely be bilingual in picture and
        spoken word. (the program is provided in english, too, and we normally have
        a few guests from the US, Russia, Belgium, Netherlands and France.)

        Frank.
      • Yann Horstink
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 1, 2003
          > 20 x 20 x 30 cm for a single specimen.

          Btw are the little creatures as territorial as Anolis (since you keep
          them separated)?

          > >> And now: Attention, Advertising ;-):
          > >>
          > >> If you want to see more pics of Sphaeros, come to the
          international
          > > gecko
          > >> keeper's convention, June 7 and 8, area of Hannover and
          Hildesheim,
          > > Germany.
          > >> More infos: www.nephrurus.org
          > >> I will give alecture on our trip to PR and show the Sphaeros we
          > > found. Also,
          > >> Father Sanchez provided me with some pics of species we missed
          > > (gaigeae,
          > >> macrolepis mimetes, roosevelti).
          > >>

          > > Sounds great. Unfortunately everthing is in German, isen't?
          Probably
          > > I will understand only the half of it. German isen't my "favourite
          > > languages" :)
          >
          > Actually, no. Several lectures will be translated into english, and
          some are
          > ven held in english. My one will definitely be bilingual in picture
          and
          > spoken word. (the program is provided in english, too, and we
          normally have
          > a few guests from the US, Russia, Belgium, Netherlands and France.)

          Interesting. Perhaps I could look if anybody would join me (and if I
          can get free for that period..).

          ~Yann
        • lambrechts
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 1, 2003
            > >> And now: Attention, Advertising ;-):

            > international
            > > > gecko
            > Hildesheim,
            > > > Germany.

            haha. I was planning on visiting that one.. Nice to hear you will keep a
            lecture there..
            is anyone else going ??

            denny
          • N i c o l e R u s s e l l
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 1, 2003

              a little too far ...I'm in NYC...can anyone give me a ride? :)

               lambrechts <lambrechts.1@...> wrote:

              is anyone else going ??

              Ni[oLe RuSSeLL

              "....is to decide what we will do with the time that is given...."

              Gandalf

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • Frank Jaeger
              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 1, 2003

                > Btw are the little creatures as territorial as Anolis (since you keep
                > them separated)?

                I do not know yet - I only have females, I think. I only keep them sep
                because it is different species.

                > Interesting. Perhaps I could look if anybody would join me (and if I
                > can get free for that period..).

                Try - it is a nice get together with interesting lectures (at least if you
                like geckos).

                Frank.
              • Yann Horstink
                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 2, 2003
                  > Try - it is a nice get together with interesting lectures (at least
                  if you
                  > like geckos).

                  Geckos are, expecially Sphaerodactlys are great. Mainly because their
                  size and diversity. There are plenty of other geckos that I like
                  (Uroplatus, Phelsuma, Gonatodus, Celeonyx and all kind of others...),
                  so I do not think that I will annoy myself.

                  Denny, what was your plan. Visiting both days, stay their the
                  weekend, or drive back...?

                  I like to go.

                  ~Yann