Re: [anole] Tank technik qwestions.

  • lambrechts
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      The lenght maby also 120 cm. the biggest
      > captured species was according to my papers at home not biger then 12
      > cm in SVL.

      I haven't looked it up but this species in some cases tend to have very big
      specimens in the males. If 12 cm is the size of those giants you really
      should take the average measurements. Those very big and agressive males or
      at no use in a breeding setup as they will probably kill the females. I
      believe to have read that also in nature they are excluded from breeding
      because of their agressiveness towards anything resembling an anole.

      greetings

      Denny

      (about the giant specimens something can be read in an article by LCM
      Wijffels as I'm correct "A. bimaculatus als huisgenoot" ergens in lacerta)
    • yann_horstink
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2002
        Yes Denny, your right. Leo indeed had seen males with a SVL of 125 mm
        for the biggest. The TL can reach up to almost 400 mm. So 120 mm what
        i mentioned or 125 mm Leo discribe in the article from Lacerta is
        almost the same. Jonathan Roughgarden also saw these verry big ones.
        At Nevis the A. bimaculatus was almost 120 mm in SVL.

        How about lightning, what do you think would be ideal for this tank.
        I had planned at least two TL's (Lumilux 30 W. 11). The other lamps
        would be some spots. Maby the halogen from Sylvania.

        Yann