It died

  • Father Alejandro J. Sánchez Muñoz
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 9, 2001
          The Anolis occultus egg that I had here died, after all.

          Pity.
    • lambrechts
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 10, 2001
        well, sorry to hear that. I think it's a bit strange. I had an sagrei egg that looked exactly like yours (judged from what you told me) but it hatched 2 days ago without problems. did the egg become to warm or something because eggs of anole species often die if the temp comes above 32 degrees celcius (my experience).

        greetings

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 10, 2001
          did the [Anolis occultus] egg become to warm or something because eggs of anole species often die if the temp comes above 32 degrees celcius (my experience).

              Not to my knowledge. Perhaps it was unfertile from the start.

          Father
        • lambrechts
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 11, 2001
            well most unfertile eggs go bad after a week or two.  and than get fungus all over them. Live eggs usually don't know this phenomenon because the growing creature inside has got an imune system to beat any bacterial/fungal  infections.

            well

            goodbye

            denny L

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 11, 2001
              well most unfertile eggs go bad after a week or two.  and than get fungus all over them. Live eggs usually don't know this phenomenon because the growing creature inside has got an imune system to beat any bacterial/fungal  infections.

                  Indeed, I thought of that, yet remember I'm good at studying anoles in the wild, but certainly not at breeding them :-)

              Father
            • lambrechts
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 12, 2001
                well
                  everything takes time (that's what I always say)

                greetz

                denny L