Re: reptariums

  • Joseph Burgess
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2001
      Chip,
      I do the same with the reptariums (mornings and afternoon) since i
      noticed the temp increase. Or during mid day I put the sprinkler on
      them.
      The garmani will be in heaven in a 6' encloser. I keep them in a 3'
      tall x 2' wide x 20" deep screen enclosure. I will be sad to see them
      go.
      ~Joe

      --- In anole@y..., FReves@a... wrote:
      > I never thought about the black color increasing the temp inside
      the
      > enclosure. It usually stays somewhat breezy here in VA, however. In
      addition,
      > I generally situate mine in locations that are exposed to either
      early -
      > midmorning sun or late afternoon sun. Speaking of reptariums, I'm
      getting
      > ready to order one of those 6 ft models for the A. garmani (Joe).
      > Chip Reves
    • Joseph Burgess
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2001
        Chip,

        --- In anole@y..., FReves@a... wrote:
        > I never thought about the black color increasing the temp inside
        the
        > enclosure. It usually stays somewhat breezy here in VA, however. In
        addition,
        > I generally situate mine in locations that are exposed to either
        early -
        > midmorning sun or late afternoon sun. Speaking of reptariums, I'm
        getting
        > ready to order one of those 6 ft models for the A. garmani (Joe).
        > Chip Reves
      • Joseph Burgess
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2001
          Chip,
          I do the same with the reptariums (mornings and afternoon) since i
          noticed the temp increase. Or during mid day I put the sprinkler on
          them.
          The garmani will be in heaven in a 6' encloser. I keep them in a 3'H
          x 2'W x 20"D screen enclosure. I will be sad to see them go.
          ~Joe

          --- In anole@y..., FReves@a... wrote:
          > I never thought about the black color increasing the temp inside
          the
          > enclosure. It usually stays somewhat breezy here in VA, however. In
          addition,
          > I generally situate mine in locations that are exposed to either
          early -
          > midmorning sun or late afternoon sun. Speaking of reptariums, I'm
          getting
          > ready to order one of those 6 ft models for the A. garmani (Joe).
          > Chip Reves
        • Joseph Burgess
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2001
            Chip,

            --- In anole@y..., FReves@a... wrote:
            > I never thought about the black color increasing the temp inside
            the
            > enclosure. It usually stays somewhat breezy here in VA, however. In
            addition,
            > I generally situate mine in locations that are exposed to either
            early -
            > midmorning sun or late afternoon sun. Speaking of reptariums, I'm
            getting
            > ready to order one of those 6 ft models for the A. garmani (Joe).
            > Chip Reves
          • Joseph Burgess
              Message 6 of 9 , May 2, 2001
                Here's a picture of my Reptarium. I recently tried to send several
                pictures in a Zip file to the mailing list but no one has mentioned that
                they've received them. Could someone let me know if they get this.
                Thanks.
                Chuck H.
                ChuckNJen1@...
              • Father Alejandro J. Sánchez Muñoz
                Message 7 of 9 , May 2, 2001
                  Here's a picture of my Reptarium. I recently tried to send several
                  pictures in a Zip file to the mailing list but no one has mentioned that
                  they've received them. Could someone let me know if they get this.

                      At least I didn't get the zip files, but I did get this one. Looks very nice.

                  Father Sánchez
                • FReves@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 2, 2001
                    Sounds like a winner Joe. I need to get a few of the larger sized reptariums (hopefully at the NC show this weekend). In any case I'm going to wait about 3 weeks before I move everything outside (just to make sure it does not freeze again!). I'll let you know when I'm ready.
                    Chip

                    PS - If you really want the garmani then keep them. I can pick up some more on our "Anolis safari" in August.