Re: Update: Chapter 12 of SKOM up

  • lcoulter22
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
      i just discovered your work the other day. but i really enjoy it.
      you are an excellent writer. anyways, i really like some kind of
      miracle, even though i am not on the harry/draco ship. i do believe
      though that they could be friends behind all of the insults. i have
      put all of the multichapter stories you wrote into my favorites on
      mugglenet, along with the one about lily/snape and pre-james/lily...
      my name there is snapefan2007. anyways, i just joined this so that
      i would know when you update some kind of miracle and not have to
      check every day. but it's also nice to know other people who like
      reading fan fiction as much as i do. i also write, but i haven't
      posted anything yet because i don't know how the whole thing works
      and i haven't written anything about the harry potter series. i
      actually have a serious case of writer's block right now and every
      time i come up with something i want to write it stinks. anyways, i
      will stop babbling now. i am really looking forward to the next
      chapter and reading ten thousand words... i haven't actually had a
      chance to read it yet... i have a three year old son and he takes a
      lot of time up as i have to help him learn his abc's and stuff( he's
      severely developmentally delayed) anyways, i'll talk to ya later.

      laura

      P.s. are you ever going to update what if harry met jo? it's pretty
      funny!

      --- In anniesfanfiction@yahoogroups.com, "Annie" <shmexsay@...>
      wrote:

      > Chapter 12 of Some Kind of Miracle, A Game, is now up at MNFF,
      > skyehawke, FF.net, and LJ. As always, it'll be uploaded to
      > FictionAlley later tonight, so if you want to read it there, check
      > tomorrow.

    • Annie
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
        Laura,

        Thank you for posting this message! :) I'm glad that you like my
        stories, and I wish you luck with your own writing and taking care of
        your son. It's always difficult to start and to keep writing,
        especially when real life gets in the way, but it's rewarding, so
        don't give up on it!

        Annie

        --- In anniesfanfiction@yahoogroups.com, "lcoulter22" <lcoulter22@...>
        wrote:

        > i just discovered your work the other day. but i really enjoy it.
        > you are an excellent writer. anyways, i really like some kind of
        > miracle, even though i am not on the harry/draco ship. i do believe
        > though that they could be friends behind all of the insults. i have
        > put all of the multichapter stories you wrote into my favorites on
        > mugglenet, along with the one about lily/snape and pre-james/lily...
        > my name there is snapefan2007. anyways, i just joined this so that
        > i would know when you update some kind of miracle and not have to
        > check every day. but it's also nice to know other people who like
        > reading fan fiction as much as i do. i also write, but i haven't
        > posted anything yet because i don't know how the whole thing works
        > and i haven't written anything about the harry potter series. i
        > actually have a serious case of writer's block right now and every
        > time i come up with something i want to write it stinks. anyways, i
        > will stop babbling now. i am really looking forward to the next
        > chapter and reading ten thousand words... i haven't actually had a
        > chance to read it yet... i have a three year old son and he takes a
        > lot of time up as i have to help him learn his abc's and stuff( he's
        > severely developmentally delayed) anyways, i'll talk to ya later.
        >
        > laura
        >
        > P.s. are you ever going to update what if harry met jo? it's pretty
        > funny!
        >
        > --- In anniesfanfiction@yahoogroups.com, "Annie" <shmexsay@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Chapter 12 of Some Kind of Miracle, A Game, is now up at MNFF,
        > > skyehawke, FF.net, and LJ. As always, it'll be uploaded to
        > > FictionAlley later tonight, so if you want to read it there, check
        > > tomorrow.

      • Annie
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
          Oops, I just noticed your post script. I have no idea when I'll update
          When Harry Met Jo. I'm afraid that, at the moment, the most likely
          answer is never. In fact, I'm considering deleting it right now... it
          was just a bad first attempt at humour, and I'm not sure I want it to
          stick around :P

          wrote:

          > i just discovered your work the other day. but i really enjoy it.
          > you are an excellent writer. anyways, i really like some kind of
          > miracle, even though i am not on the harry/draco ship. i do believe
          > though that they could be friends behind all of the insults. i have
          > put all of the multichapter stories you wrote into my favorites on
          > mugglenet, along with the one about lily/snape and pre-james/lily...
          > my name there is snapefan2007. anyways, i just joined this so that
          > i would know when you update some kind of miracle and not have to
          > check every day. but it's also nice to know other people who like
          > reading fan fiction as much as i do. i also write, but i haven't
          > posted anything yet because i don't know how the whole thing works
          > and i haven't written anything about the harry potter series. i
          > actually have a serious case of writer's block right now and every
          > time i come up with something i want to write it stinks. anyways, i
          > will stop babbling now. i am really looking forward to the next
          > chapter and reading ten thousand words... i haven't actually had a
          > chance to read it yet... i have a three year old son and he takes a
          > lot of time up as i have to help him learn his abc's and stuff( he's
          > severely developmentally delayed) anyways, i'll talk to ya later.
          >
          > laura
          >
          > P.s. are you ever going to update what if harry met jo? it's pretty
          > funny!
          >
          > --- In anniesfanfiction@yahoogroups.com, "Annie" <shmexsay@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Chapter 12 of Some Kind of Miracle, A Game, is now up at MNFF,
          > > skyehawke, FF.net, and LJ. As always, it'll be uploaded to
          > > FictionAlley later tonight, so if you want to read it there, check
          > > tomorrow.

        • lcoulter22
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
            annie,

            hey, i have somewhat overcome my writers block, and i am in the
            midst of writing a story to post on MNFF. however, i do not have a
            title for it and i am not totally sure what direction it will be
            going in and i am not at all sure what category. although it will
            probably be romance fics. however, i am not sure if it would be
            draco/hermione or harry/draco. although draco and harry would only
            be friends. but i don't know what category that would go in... i
            don't know yet if it will even be good enough to put up. i am a
            very picky writer. i won the best writer award two years running in
            high school and i have had a few poems published in small contests.
            nothing big, but i am a perfectionist when it comes to writing...
            right now i have about 1 3/4 pages of writing and it's just about a
            chapter, i think. i don't know. anyways, how do you find a good
            beta to proofread your stories? where do i go to do that? anyways,
            i loved the latest chapter of SKOM, i took a while to ponder it and
            let it sink in before i reviewed it. it took a couple times of
            reading it before it all sunk in. anyways, i talk too much. my son
            is watching a dora video right now so i had a bit of freetime before
            dinner. my hubby is cooking tonight... yes he is a good cook...
            anyways, i completely understand about the harry/jo story. anyways,
            i am going to get back to working on my story and possibly read a
            story on mugglenet... what can i say, i'm addicted to potter fan
            fiction almost as much as the books if not more... lol... as if that
            is possible... i'm in the process of reading deathly hallows for the
            fifth time! anyways, i will stop typing your eyes off. oh, and i
            read ten thousand words and the sweetest sin. i have to say that i
            really enjoyed them both. i liked the alternate ending better than
            the first ending for ten thousand words, but i liked the original
            ending too... i cried... of course i'm a crybaby... i cry about
            everything... well, not really, but anyways, for real this time, i
            will talk to you later! thanks again for the advice!

            laura

            wrote:

            > Laura,
            >
            > Thank you for posting this message! :) I'm glad that you like my
            > stories, and I wish you luck with your own writing and taking care
            of
            > your son. It's always difficult to start and to keep writing,
            > especially when real life gets in the way, but it's rewarding, so
            > don't give up on it!
            >
            > Annie
            >
            > --- In anniesfanfiction@yahoogroups.com, "lcoulter22" <lcoulter22@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > i just discovered your work the other day. but i really enjoy
            it.
            > > you are an excellent writer. anyways, i really like some kind
            of
            > > miracle, even though i am not on the harry/draco ship. i do
            believe
            > > though that they could be friends behind all of the insults. i
            have
            > > put all of the multichapter stories you wrote into my favorites
            on
            > > mugglenet, along with the one about lily/snape and pre-
            james/lily...
            > > my name there is snapefan2007. anyways, i just joined this so
            that
            > > i would know when you update some kind of miracle and not have
            > > check every day. but it's also nice to know other people who
            like
            > > reading fan fiction as much as i do. i also write, but i
            haven't
            > > posted anything yet because i don't know how the whole thing
            works
            > > and i haven't written anything about the harry potter series. i
            > > actually have a serious case of writer's block right now and
            every
            > > time i come up with something i want to write it stinks.
            anyways, i
            > > will stop babbling now. i am really looking forward to the next
            > > chapter and reading ten thousand words... i haven't actually had
            > > chance to read it yet... i have a three year old son and he
            takes a
            > > lot of time up as i have to help him learn his abc's and stuff(
            he's
            > > severely developmentally delayed) anyways, i'll talk to ya later.
            > >
            > > laura
            > >
            > > P.s. are you ever going to update what if harry met jo? it's
            pretty
            > > funny!
            > >
            > > --- In anniesfanfiction@yahoogroups.com, "Annie" <shmexsay@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Chapter 12 of Some Kind of Miracle, A Game, is now up at MNFF,
            > > > skyehawke, FF.net, and LJ. As always, it'll be uploaded to
            > > > FictionAlley later tonight, so if you want to read it there,
            check
            > > > tomorrow.

          • Annie
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 7, 2007
              Laura,

              There are many methods through which you can find a beta reader for
              your story. I would suggest going to PI (PerfectImagination.co.uk) and
              applying for a beta there. Most of the time, though, my friends and
              readers beta for me, and as long as I trust them, I prefer to have
              them help me out.

              And thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed ATW and SS! :)