Re: Just a few updates (not of the chapter kind, though)...

  • morvana_dumiruvor
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2007
      Annie,

      LoL, no problem. More than happy to help any time.

      Vana

      --- In anniesfanfiction@yahoogroups.com, "Annie" <shmexsay@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > > of
      > > > the book so vague (until the encyclopedia's released, of course).
      > > > That, plus the fact that neither Harry nor Draco died, mean that
      > > I'll
      > > > definitely keep writing (Harry's and Draco's respective marriages
      > > mean
      > > > nothing to me *whistles*). I already have another post-Hogwarts H/D
      > > > WiP, called The Silver Sphinx, which I've modified to accomodate
      > > for
      > > > the information revealed in DH. I'm also thinking of writing a
      > > joint
      > > > Snape/Lily fic with one of my close friends (Kedavra on MNFF), so
      > > > we'll see how that goes... it's been so long since I last wrote
      > > > anything canon and het that I've probably forgotten how to :P
      > > >
      > > > Anyway, about Some Kind of Miracle. I'm having some issues at the
      > > > moment. Of my three betas, one I haven't spoken to for several
      > > months
      > > > now, one has a screwy internet and is all but incapable of beta'ing
      > > > for me, and one is busy with RL and hasn't had time to look over my
      > > > chapters for a few months. So... that's why chapter 9 is being
      > > > delayed. I've asked a good friend of mine to read over it for me,
      > > and
      > > > she kindly agreed to, so if none of my other betas get back to me
      > > by
      > > > the time she's done with it, I'll probably just go ahead and post
      > > it.
      > > >
      > > > Troubles with beta'ing aside, the writing for SKOM is going well.
      > > > Already it's over 100k words. Even though the fic is now an AU
      > > seventh
      > > > year fic, I'll probably still include some DH spoilers every now
      > > and
      > > > then starting from chapter 14 (which I just started writing a few
      > > days
      > > > ago). I'll tell you this right now: this fic is going to have a
      > > happy
      > > > ending. I'm quite incapable of writing happy endings for my
      > > > novel-lengths, though, so I can't tell you if that's a good thing
      > > yet :P
      > > >
      > > > Also, random interesting fact of the day: The version of the
      > > purging
      > > > of the Horcrux from Harry that I had planned to use in SKOM until a
      > > > few days ago was almost identical to Jo's take on it, down to the
      > > > exact way the Horcrux came to reside in Harry. Go figure. I
      > > changed it
      > > > a few days ago, though, because I thought of a different, darker
      > > > method of removing the Horcrux that I liked better. NOT saying that
      > > > Jo's version isn't amazing, of course :)
      > > >
      > > > One last thing -- I've started posting fics on my LJ again. If, for
      > > > some reason, you have grudges against the 7402384320942 sites I've
      > > > archived my fics on, you can go to the "Links" page and find the
      > > link
      > > > to my LJ there :)
      > > >
      > > > Sorry for the essay! Hopefully chapter 9 of SKOM will be up in a

    • Annie Yuan
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2007
        Vana,

        Actually, it turns out that I might need your help for
        this chapter. I think my aforementioned friend is too
        scared to point out any mistakes in the chapter, and
        the other person who contacted me hasn't returned my
        e-mail yet, so I'm still in need of a beta reader. If
        you're still interested, let me know! :)

        Annie

        wrote:

        > Annie,
        >
        > LoL, no problem. More than happy to help any time.
        >
        > Vana
        >
        > --- In anniesfanfiction@yahoogroups.com, "Annie"
        > <shmexsay@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Morvana,
        > >
        > > Wow, thanks for the offer so much! I've already
        > had a few people offer
        > > to beta, though, so I guess I'm covered for now?
        > But I would
        > > absolutely love for you to beta for me, and I
        > trust you based on your
        > > posts, so you will definitely be the first person
        > I go to if I ever
        > > need help :)
        > >
        > > Annie
        > >
        > > --- In anniesfanfiction@yahoogroups.com,
        > "morvana_dumiruvor"
        > > <morvana_dumiruvor@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > If you ever need a beta, I do beta and I am a
        > grammar freak.
        > > > Granted, you probably have betas lining up for
        > you, but if you ever
        > > > run into a shortage or anything, I'd be more
        > than happy. That goes
        > > > for anyone here, although I am a bit picky about
> [...]

        Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
      • KayCee Tucker
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
          oh dear annie!

          i'm so sorry! i didn't realize that you had sent one, gmail didn't tell me that i had a new message from you until this one. just send it on and i'll try to get through it as fast as possible. :-) we can talk i guess after i beta the first time...sort of like a trial run?

          Sincerely,
          KayCee

          wrote:

          > Annie,
          >
          > LoL, no problem. More than happy to help any time.
          >
          > Vana
          >
          > --- In anniesfanfiction@yahoogroups.com, "Annie"
          > <shmexsay@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Morvana,
          > >
          > > Wow, thanks for the offer so much! I've already
          > had a few people offer
          > > to beta, though, so I guess I'm covered for now?
          > But I would
          > > absolutely love for you to beta for me, and I
          > trust you based on your
          > > posts, so you will definitely be the first person
          > I go to if I ever
          > > need help :)
          > >
          > > Annie
          > >
          > > --- In anniesfanfiction@yahoogroups.com,
          > "morvana_dumiruvor"
          > > <morvana_dumiruvor@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > If you ever need a beta, I do beta and I am a
          > grammar freak.
          > > > Granted, you probably have betas lining up for
          > you, but if you ever
          > > > run into a shortage or anything, I'd be more
          > than happy. That goes
          > > > for anyone here, although I am a bit picky about
> [...]

          Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

          <3,
          KayCee
        • morvana_dumiruvor
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 6, 2007
            Annie,

            Looks like the aforementioned friend may have responded. If you
            still want help, though, no worries, I'm here for the asking,
            especially since my summer class is done. Looove beta'ing.

            Vana

            --- In anniesfanfiction@yahoogroups.com, Annie Yuan <shmexsay@...>

            > Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
            > http://search.yahoo.com/search?