OTAKON or BUST!!!!

    Message 1 of 133 , Jul 29, 2001
      Of course I'm going! In fact, I've been asked to
      speak at a couple of panels and I would love to see as
      many familiar faces amongst the sea of unknowns I'll
      be staring down. <hint, hint><br><br>On Friday
      night, at 10pm, I and others will be doing a panel
      entitled "These Are A Few Of My Favorite Scenes". The
      title is pretty self-explanatory. We'll have clips of
      stuff few, if any, of you have ever seen (this panel
      also doubles as an "Obscure Anime" track). The best
      part is that they're giving us a whole four hours to
      run this, unlike most panel which are an hour and a
      half to two hours. This is always a fun panel, to
      watch or participate in. I and Rob (see below) believe
      that a panel is more enjoyable for all if everyone
      pitches in. Basically, we prefer group-discussion over
      the standard Q&A approach. Izz more fun dat way!! :D
      History!" on Sunday morning, at 10am. We'll be showcasing
      clips of anime that deal/borrow directly from Japan's
      history. Sadly, we're only being given an hour and a half
      for this one, but if you have any interest in
      japanese history and culture, c'mon in! (And besides, if
      our panels are well recieved, they may give us more
      floor-time next 'Kon.)<br><br>I look forward to seeing
      everyone there who can make it. Please, if you can, come
      to my panels. You'll also get to see my
      oft-mentioned-history-teaching-buddy, Robert Fenelon. He's one of the most well-read
      and engaging anime gurus you'll ever meet. (He's also
      the direct source of most of the ecclectic stuff I
      bring to the club. Talk about connected!)<br><br>Well
      Adam, you asked for a post and you got a rant! Happy?!?
      Message 133 of 133 , Feb 1 12:07 PM