Re: Music Video

    Message 1 of 133 , May 30, 2001
      Dakamar,<br><br>If you have to assemble-edit
      (assemble the video clips one sequence after another) copy
      from the DVD to whichever makes the best copies and
      cuts. Then use the PSX to copy OVER the previous
      soundtrack through the AUDIO-IN port on the VCR while
      recording<br><br>Here's a simple diagram (complete with industry
      ---> Slave (recording) = Slave Tape 1<br><br>When
      editing is done Slave Tape 1 goes into VCR 1.<br><br>VCR
      1 (Playing Slave 1) & PSX (Playing
      Music)---><br><br>----> VCR 2 (Recording) = Slave Tape 2/Finished
      PSX goes to the audio inputs. You play Slave Tape 1
      and, when the time is right, start up the music which
      should be cued up and paused so it will start instantly.
      This sometimes requires a few tries or more. Precision
      is important.<br><br>This process drops the source
      material by two generations.<br><br>If your VCR doesn't
      have a flying-erase-head function then it probably
      can't do insert editing. This process only drops the
      source material by one generation.<br><br>Basically, you
      drop the music onto a tape and then you insert the
      clips where you want them on the tape without
      disrupting the audio recording. It's much more precise and
      exacting but you need either the right editing equipment
      or VCR to do this, or you do what the more
      technically well-off do. You convert the clips to a computer
      format, edit them together and then spit it out back onto
      a tape.<br><br>I hope this is helpful and
      informative. If you have any questions, write me or grab me at
      the meeting.<br><br>Till then, be seeing
      you...<br>Brian & Malak
      Message 133 of 133 , Feb 1, 2002