Gelatine Announced as Musical Guest at Zenkaikon V

  • kirsehn
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2010
      Gelatine Announced as Musical Guest at Zenkaikon V

      We're excited to announce the five-person band Gelatine as a musical
      guest at our 2011 convention! Led by their lead singer, Seiko, this
      "horrific, comical, punkish, crazy Japanese rock group" combines
      a variety of influences into an intense, energetic show. They look
      forward to performing at Zenkaikon!

      About Gelatine:
      Gelatine is one of the most consistently entertaining bands in New York.
      They're a rock band who seem to mix influences of classical,
      Japanese traditional, metal, and cartoons, into a rowdy and enjoyable
      listening experience. As for their ability to play their instruments,
      they're technically quite impressive, but their secret weapon is
      Seiko, their lead singer. She has appeared on stage in diapers, as a
      bandaged schoolgirl, as a military officer, and currently designs her
      own outfits. She puts an amazing amount of energy into each performance,
      surprising and delighting with self-created dance routines, and a
      variety of moves which range from sexy, to provocative, and lately often
      give the impression that she has regressed to the state of a hyperactive
      five-year-old. -Paul Wheeler of RockOfJapan.com

      http://www.gelatine5.com <http://www.gelatine5.com>
      http://www.myspace.com/gelatinenyc <http://www.myspace.com/gelatinenyc>

      About Zenkaikon:
      Since 2006, Zenkaikon has been bringing quality Japanese animation
      (anime), comics (manga), and popular culture themed events to the
      Philadelphia area. The convention is staffed completely by volunteers,
      who want to share their appreciation for these mediums with the
      Philadelphia region. Zenkaikon features a variety of activities
      including anime and live action screenings, video and tabletop gaming,
      special guests, costume competitions, panels, concerts, vendors, and
      more. Starting as a small one-day event, the convention has grown
      rapidly to welcome nearly two thousand attendees in 2009. The Zenkaikon
      staff wishes to thank all the attendees who have supported and helped
      it grow over the years. They look forward to building an event that
      will be an integral part of the region's culture for many years to
      come. For more information on Zenkaikon or to register for the
      upcoming convention, please visit http://www.zenkaikon.com
      <http://www.zenkaikon.com/blog/2010/> .